How big an impact will a poor teacher have on your grades?

Watch
Tomtide
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hiya all, fresh A-Level student here studying Maths, got an 8 in my igcse but now struggling with maths because one out of two of my maths teachers isn't great. I need to get an A* to get into the unis of my choice, i've been following the imperialx a-level course individually in my free time but I've found that extracurriculars and cadets have started eating into my time, how much of an impact do you think this'll have on my final maths grade?
englishhopeful98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
this sounds like i was
you just think don't you that why wouldn't it be enough?
but if your teacher just isn't great then it is just an uphill struggle unfortunately
Henneressss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’ve just started a-levels chill, takes a while to adapt, at start of year 12 I was working at BBB, I finished year 13 with 3 A*s not big deal…
Tomtide
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Henneressss)
You’ve just started a-levels chill, takes a while to adapt, at start of year 12 I was working at BBB, I finished year 13 with 3 A*s not big deal…
Got it, cheers, just worried I can't get the grade for a good uni (fairly confident i can get a*s in cs and history) n i don't want to be caught lacking mid-exam

(Original post by englishhopeful98)
this sounds like i was
you just think don't you that why wouldn't it be enough?
but if your teacher just isn't great then it is just an uphill struggle unfortunately
the way he teaches techniques and stuff is just weird, nobody understands it so we have to follow along by watching his work lol
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tomtide)
Got it, cheers, just worried I can't get the grade for a good uni (fairly confident i can get a*s in cs and history) n i don't want to be caught lacking mid-exam

the way he teaches techniques and stuff is just weird, nobody understands it so we have to follow along by watching his work lol
try watching youtube videos on what he thought
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (178)
55.97%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
10.69%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (30)
9.43%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.66%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.4%

Watched Threads