Dont know my flatmates and im worried

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm leaving for uni in a few days. I've tried looking and posting on Facebook to try and find my flatmates but I haven't had any luck. Everyone else seems to have found group chats and people in their block and flat. I'm terrified ill go to my flat and be isolated because I didn't look for them online fast enough or get to know anybody. Is it possible for me to make friends on the day and fit in with my block and flatmates?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm leaving for uni in a few days. I've tried looking and posting on Facebook to try and find my flatmates but I haven't had any luck. Everyone else seems to have found group chats and people in their block and flat. I'm terrified ill go to my flat and be isolated because I didn't look for them online fast enough or get to know anybody. Is it possible for me to make friends on the day and fit in with my block and flatmates?
You're terrified of flatmates. Stop overreacting fgs
Anonymous #1
ight got it
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
That’s harsh. Some people do get awful flatmates and it can be very isolating. OP, just don’t worry about it until you actually know if that will be an issue for you.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
Forget about that harsh reply, ur not overreacting 🙄 and yes its possible, talk to them the first day you guys move in or something, it will take some time to get to know eachother ofc so dont rush it, hope everything goes well (:
Ohnourlp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Best thing to do is get their first. Everyone else is just as nervous.
Anonymous #1
That’s harsh. Some people do get awful flatmates and it can be very isolating. OP, just don’t worry about it until you actually know if that will be an issue for you.
okay yeah makes sense, without meeting them I wont know if they're terrible or great so no point in stressing. thanks for your help
Anonymous #1
Forget about that harsh reply, ur not overreacting 🙄 and yes its possible, talk to them the first day you guys move in or something, it will take some time to get to know eachother ofc so dont rush it, hope everything goes well (:
yeah it definitely will take some time. ur right im sure if i take it slow itll go okay since we're all in the same boat. I hope so too, thanks for your reply
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ohnourlp)
Best thing to do is get their first. Everyone else is just as nervous.
im getting there at a time where im sure ill be one of the first ones there, if i remember we're all in the same situation im sure i wont panic too much. thanks for the help
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yea, your overthinking it, you'll be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads