Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello, I've restarted uni a few times - covid being one of the reasons. But this year I dropped out to start at Brunel to do English Lit, I still live in my student accommodation from last year... in Tottenham. The journey is an hour and a half via tube which I honestly don't mind. I like to sit and chill for a bit - but my concern is that it's £6 to get there - one way. So I'm spending £12 a day on travel? I think it's too late to switch accommodations and I can't drop out again, my parents will kill me. But I just don't know what to do and the stress is already getting to me.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, I've restarted uni a few times - covid being one of the reasons. But this year I dropped out to start at Brunel to do English Lit, I still live in my student accommodation from last year... in Tottenham. The journey is an hour and a half via tube which I honestly don't mind. I like to sit and chill for a bit - but my concern is that it's £6 to get there - one way. So I'm spending £12 a day on travel? I think it's too late to switch accommodations and I can't drop out again, my parents will kill me. But I just don't know what to do and the stress is already getting to me.
Why have you dropped out so many times?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You could see if you could get someone to replace you and take over the tenancy. That's the only way of changing accommodation in almost all cases.
Anonymous #1
Why have you dropped out so many times?
because i never thought i'd make it this far and now that I have. i have no idea what to do with my life
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
You could see if you could get someone to replace you and take over the tenancy. That's the only way of changing accommodation in almost all cases.
yeah, if i do move that's what I'll do, but I cant move yet because I have nowhere to move to...
BigPenguin3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yeah, if i do move that's what I'll do, but I cant move yet because I have nowhere to move to...
Most likely your accommodation in Tottenham is much more expensive than getting a room in a private house or a student house near Brunel. Even if you have to spend a few days in a budget hotel then you would still save more money if you were to live in Tottenham and from all that money you would saved from commuting. If you find someone to take over your contract you'd probably have a few days before that person would want to move in. Unfortunately you won't have a lot of time to find a place so you'd have to pick the best option from what will be available at that time.

Are all your lectures on site that you have to travel to Brunel everyday?
Last edited by BigPenguin3; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
because i never thought i'd make it this far and now that I have. i have no idea what to do with my life
Huh? That makes no sense.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well, before you move, you'll need to find someone lined up to take over your tenancy, otherwise you could end up paying rent for two places...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed