swanngui
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone!Iv'e been trying to write my personal statement, Im applying to:Lse - Law and Anthropology
Ucl - Law
King's College - Law
Though struggling to link anthropology and law (without anthropology being the main focus as my other choices are purely law), studying this joint honours is my first choice but I don't want it to seem only one sided for my other choices, just in case.Is there are way to balance them both equally?
Last edited by swanngui; 4 weeks ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe just focus on the intersection of them, i.e. legal anthropology. I think that should be sufficiently relevant for single honours law courses while also being very relevant for the LSE course.
patriciadh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Heya,

I'm applying to the same course! and have faced the same problem. Honestly, what I was told was that this course was pretty niche hence they're really looking for students who are committed to tailoring their personal statements to their liking. In mine, I touched a lot of aspects in anthro and law which were overlaying. I could send you my ps if you would like!
swanngui
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by patriciadh)
Heya,

I'm applying to the same course! and have faced the same problem. Honestly, what I was told was that this course was pretty niche hence they're really looking for students who are committed to tailoring their personal statements to their liking. In mine, I touched a lot of aspects in anthro and law which were overlaying. I could send you my ps if you would like!
Hi!
That's reassuring to hear. That's the approach i've been trying to take but still stuck on how to effectively link the two when explaining what im looking forward to . And yes, that would be very helpful! Thank you : )))
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (203)
55.77%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.74%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
11.26%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.07%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
6.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.12%

Watched Threads