star_symbol
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys, so I posted on here yesterday and I'm back again.

I am looking to study either Psychology or Psychology with Criminology at University. Does anyone think that these degrees might be a bit useless? I have no idea what career I want in the future by the way.

IF I wanted to go into Law/Neuroscience, the chance would still be there wouldn't it?

And if I just did a Psychology degree, I have no idea what career I could get into. I just know that I'm studying what I love.

I'm in Year 13 and I'm currently studying: English Lit, Psychology and Biology.
Luk196
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I did a degree in psychology, and I would say you can go on to do whatever you want afterwards. I went onto do a masters in neuroscience, then got a job in technology consulting and I am now applying to do medicine.

Friends from my course are all doing different things, one is an assistant psychologist aiming to do a doctorate in clinical psychology, another is doing a PhD in developmental psychology, one’s a teacher now, another one is in advertising, another is in finance, another is doing a law conversion year sponsored by a firm etc. It’s not a limiting degree.

I found studying psychology fascinating, and if you enjoy it I would say go for it, or neuroscience (they’re both great!). What has honestly mattered in getting a job post uni has been my degree classification, so if you do a degree you love, you are more likely to work for it and do well. And that will genuinely help when applying for internships/masters/phds/graduate roles.
star_symbol
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Luk196)
Hi! I did a degree in psychology, and I would say you can go on to do whatever you want afterwards. I went onto do a masters in neuroscience, then got a job in technology consulting and I am now applying to do medicine.

Friends from my course are all doing different things, one is an assistant psychologist aiming to do a doctorate in clinical psychology, another is doing a PhD in developmental psychology, one’s a teacher now, another one is in advertising, another is in finance, another is doing a law conversion year sponsored by a firm etc. It’s not a limiting degree.

I found studying psychology fascinating, and if you enjoy it I would say go for it, or neuroscience (they’re both great!). What has honestly mattered in getting a job post uni has been my degree classification, so if you do a degree you love, you are more likely to work for it and do well. And that will genuinely help when applying for internships/masters/phds/graduate roles.
I think this is so lovely! Yes I really think I want to do Psychology as it is very broad as well. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (319)
57.27%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.82%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (63)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.8%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.03%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.77%

Watched Threads