sweetcherry55
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello

My son started University this month studying Mathematics degree, He get support under DSA(disability student support so he is eligible for laptop through them, We need to contribute £200 however most of the funding goes towards assistive training and installing lot of software so this will help with his course.

I would like some recommendation for a laptop suitable and cope with installing many software's and for mathematics degree. He wanted a fast, lightweight with good battery life.

the one we were allocated but we can upgrade and pay the addional cost

The laptop they allocated is WKH Notebook core i5 10th generation 8GB ram,512GB ssd, 15.6screen,intel graphics UHD , windows 10, Anti virus,
is this laptop any good? this is £370 so we pay the £200 however i have asked them whether we could put funding more towards laptop than the other allocated cost for the equipment but I am willing to pay more if not.

Please recommend a good laptop.

Many thanks
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sounds like a decent, up to date laptop that'll run modern software.

unis don't design courses that require students to turn up with their own supercomputer - stressing about this is a bit like worrying that they'll turn up late for lectures unless you buy them the latest running shoes... it's not really going to be a factor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed