NaturalNiki
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi I’m trying to book my lnat test I’m planning to apply for KCL should I go for mid December if there’s any spaces left or early January. And other question I don’t have the best academic background basically average and I’m doing an access course ( I’m not a mature student I’m 18) hoping for 40+ distinctions and doing well on the lnat what are my chances of getting an offer. Pls don’t be mean as some people can be harsh and rude here sometimes
Thanks
Dominininc
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah just book it for december of january.

My advice would be to buy an LNAT guidebook, they are really helpful and prvide good methods to approaching questions, in addition to containing tonnes of practice tests. There are also mock tests on the LNAT website that take the same form as the real one. So just spend a couple weeks or months preparing like that. For the essay part, look on youtube, theres a cambs university video that details how to write the perfect essay.

I cant help you on the other part of your question however it may be worthwhile contacting the admissions team for KCL.

Additionally there are universities that rank higher for law with lower entry requirements such as lancaster you could have a look at. They will most likely accept a HE i believe.

Hope this soomewhat helps
NaturalNiki
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dominininc)
Yeah just book it for december of january.

My advice would be to buy an LNAT guidebook, they are really helpful and prvide good methods to approaching questions, in addition to containing tonnes of practice tests. There are also mock tests on the LNAT website that take the same form as the real one. So just spend a couple weeks or months preparing like that. For the essay part, look on youtube, theres a cambs university video that details how to write the perfect essay.

I cant help you on the other part of your question however it may be worthwhile contacting the admissions team for KCL.

Additionally there are universities that rank higher for law with lower entry requirements such as lancaster you could have a look at. They will most likely accept a HE i believe.

Hope this soomewhat helps
Thank you so much for the advice, about the arbito method is it worth the £65?
Yeah I’m going to make a list of unis I’m interested in and start calling them next week.
Dominininc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I personally just used a £10 guidebook off amazon. Reading the advice on how to tackle questions got me consistently scoring in the 30s

i dont excatly know what the arbito is but there are definitely discount links floating about the place, so you may want to check them out.
NaturalNiki
Rep:
?
I personally just used a £10 guidebook off amazon. Reading the advice on how to tackle questions got me consistently scoring in the 30s

i dont excatly know what the arbito is but there are definitely discount links floating about the place, so you may want to check them out.
Do you know what book it was specifically I’ll start with that and see where it goes
Dominininc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastering-N.../dp/1845680103

Word of warning is the book is quite dated and written for when the test was done on paper. The format has also changed since the book was written to a shorter number of questions, so the practice tests are longer than the real thing. The information at the start is very helpful and whilst the texts are somewhat dated and irrelevent today they do offer good practice.
NaturalNiki
Rep:
?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastering-N.../dp/1845680103

Word of warning is the book is quite dated and written for when the test was done on paper. The format has also changed since the book was written to a shorter number of questions, so the practice tests are longer than the real thing. The information at the start is very helpful and whilst the texts are somewhat dated and irrelevent today they do offer good practice.
I’ll keep that in mind.
Thank you so much I really appreciate your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (154)
54.8%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (41)
14.59%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.25%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise