Boyfriend lied about drugs

Watch
acml123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I made it clear to my boyfriend (both 21) of 4 years I wouldn’t be comfortable if he tried drugs such as c0caine and others along them lines, and I would break up with him if he did, or, to break up with me if he wants to do it. The day after coming back from a holiday together I found out from his friends he tried c0ke and when I confronted him he had done it over a year ago and only done it once, but idk if I believe him. Because he had lied to me on numerous occasions when I asked he has tried it because he was making jokes that he did it and he said no. He also works with people who do this every week and they are the ones that got him to try it. Is it right to end things?
Last edited by acml123; 4 weeks ago
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's fine to end it over something as serious as that. The immediate effect on you is the lies, his health and the money he's wasting on drugs. Then there's it being illegal, and the implications of smuggling and county lines on other people and their families.
Last edited by Surnia; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s what I thought but it felt like I was being out of order because he was saying “I never told you because you would’ve reacted how you are now” and that I was banning him from trying things. Thank you for your perspective
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don't have to censor the word cocaine. If it was a hard limit for you and he crossed it it's fair enough to end it
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That’s what I thought but it felt like I was being out of order because he was saying “I never told you because you would’ve reacted how you are now” and that I was banning him from trying things. Thank you for your perspective
That is another way to put it - but if he consistently lied to you about it knowing it's this much of a big deal to you then that's no good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.14%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.92%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.86%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads