The Student Room Group

International Management Personal Statement

Hello,
I'm applying for a course called International Management in unis like Warwick, Bath, Manchester, KCL and for business management in Durham.
I looked at examples online but was not able to find sufficient academic personal statements for intl Management, and whatever I could find was not annotated so I had no way of knowing if it was actually appropriate.

I'm applying for 2022 entry, and I'm fascinated by the Evrgrande crisis and China's housing market and the ways in which it is a representation of Lehmann Brothers. Would that be an appropriate academic topic to discuss briefly in an intl management personal statement? Because I have seen LSE and KCL and others require academic engagement and discussion of a specific topic, so would this be an appropriate topic/engagement to discuss?

Thanks.
Original post by aaryankapur12
Hello,
I'm applying for a course called International Management in unis like Warwick, Bath, Manchester, KCL and for business management in Durham.
I looked at examples online but was not able to find sufficient academic personal statements for intl Management, and whatever I could find was not annotated so I had no way of knowing if it was actually appropriate.

I'm applying for 2022 entry, and I'm fascinated by the Evrgrande crisis and China's housing market and the ways in which it is a representation of Lehmann Brothers. Would that be an appropriate academic topic to discuss briefly in an intl management personal statement? Because I have seen LSE and KCL and others require academic engagement and discussion of a specific topic, so would this be an appropriate topic/engagement to discuss?

Thanks.

A PS isn't an essay - you should focus on why topics related to IM interest you. It's not so much what you talk about, but how you talk about it that is important, as long as it is an academic thing (rather than, for example Dragon's Den!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending