The Student Room Group

I can't start my flatmates what the hell do I do

I have been in halls for close to a month and my flatmates are partying pretty much every night. I am not against partying it's a perfectly normal part of the uni experience but my flatmates have this really annoying habit when they get **** faced of screaming at the top of their lungs and banging on my ****ing door at 4 in the morning. I find it really difficult to fall asleep in the first place and normally don't get full shut eye until after 1am so I'm basically running on a couple of hours every night which is not ideal as I have 30 hours of class a week.

Is there anyway of getting put in another flat in the same halls or will I have to look for a private option
Original post by Anonymous
I have been in halls for close to a month and my flatmates are partying pretty much every night. I am not against partying it's a perfectly normal part of the uni experience but my flatmates have this really annoying habit when they get **** faced of screaming at the top of their lungs and banging on my ****ing door at 4 in the morning. I find it really difficult to fall asleep in the first place and normally don't get full shut eye until after 1am so I'm basically running on a couple of hours every night which is not ideal as I have 30 hours of class a week.

Is there anyway of getting put in another flat in the same halls or will I have to look for a private option

Oh no, Anon!! So sorry to hear your halls experience have started off like this :frown: Have you spoken to them about this yet? You could maybe ask them if they could go to someone elses flat some nights/agree to turn music etc. off by 1am at the latest maybe? I know that can be an awkward convo to have but if they're reasonable hopefully they'd be able to see things from your perspective.

Failing that, contact your accommodation office. There may be spaces for you to move but you'll only know that if you ask. They'll have experience with these sorts of flatmate conflict in the past and should know what to do to help and hopefully come up with a solution that means you'll be able to enjoy the rest of your time in halls :smile:

Best of luck with it!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending