Physics, chemistry, and Biology AS level

Watch
Raghad2510
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I already started taking physics, Biology and chemistry at AS level (edexcel) without maths (as I really hate it) and I'm planning to complete biology and physics as my A levels (I'm forced to do physics as the country I'm going to study in needs a full a level maths or physics) and I'm studying to get into medicine for college.
Has anyone done that before? Taking physics without maths😭
Dominininc
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is possible but i wouldnt wholly recommend it. The majority of physics students take maths so a lot of the maths based questions are essentially free marks to maths students. In my year everyone who did maths also did physics.

Without maths you will find it harder to do both mechanics sections of the paper and the parts involving logarithms such as capacitor discharge and nuclear decay.

However with enough practice it is definitely doable.
Sham96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Raghad2510)
I already started taking physics, Biology and chemistry at AS level (edexcel) without maths (as I really hate it) and I'm planning to complete biology and physics as my A levels (I'm forced to do physics as the country I'm going to study in needs a full a level maths or physics) and I'm studying to get into medicine for college.
Has anyone done that before? Taking physics without maths😭
It's completely possible so don't worry about it. Edexcel physics requires you to do only basic calculations (your OL stuff) and for most of which you could easily use the calculator. The only difficult calculations would be the calculation dealing with log and Ln and maybe some trigonometry, but even so, it's really easy once you get the hang of it.
Most of the students including myself actually picked this combo of subjects so I can tell you that people do pick physics over maths. and tbh for me personally, I find physics a lot more interesting than maths

Just study well, I'm sure you'll ace the exams, and good luck with getting into a medical college. I'm a 5th-year medical student as well now, so I can tell you it all works out
Last edited by Sham96; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (178)
55.97%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
10.69%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (30)
9.43%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.66%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.4%

Watched Threads