whats it like studying a criminology degree?

Watch this thread
Barbzzz12
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Anyone that has studied criminology at Uni'please help!
I am currently in year 13 deciding if i should do a criminology degree could someone please give me a true insight what its like to study criminology. I have spoken to some people about what its like and they say its a waste of time honestly. which is making m very anxious and put off from doing the subject. Also I'm not actually sure what I could pursue if I was to get a degree. what would i specifically be doing? its all making me anxious. please somone help.
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Hiya Barbzzz12,

I am currently studying Criminology and Psychology at the University of Hull. I am in my final year and have really enjoyed my last two years at university.

The criminology degree is really interesting it looks at many different areas of criminology and has many modules so there is something for everybody within their own interests. The work is presented in other ways not just as essays such as presentations, book reviews and posters. Your pieces of work are mostly as an individual but there are some tasks that you can be part of a group.

I didn't have an idea of what I wanted to get out of the degree either or what career I wanted to pursue. But, now going into my final year I have a good understanding of what areas I would like to work in when I leave university.

If you're wanting to know more about the course you can speak to one of our students on this link.
https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

I hope this has helped!

Many Thanks
Samara

Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.09%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.49%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
16.48%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (22)
24.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
20.88%

Watched Threads