The Student Room Group

Failed driving test

Just failed my first attempt at my practical driving test. I got 2 minors and one major which was a very silly mistake.
Feeling very depressed about it and can stop thinking about it.
Reply 1
hey there, i was the exact same after failing mine the first time; i couldn't stop thinking about it for a couple of weeks after but it does get better with time. Many people fail the first time (my uncle failed 4 times & he'd been driving in a different country for years beforehand) & it doesn't mean you will be a worse driver when you do pass (in fact, people who pass 2nd/3rd time tend to be safer drivers), especially since it was a stupid mistake that failed you.
Reply 2
Original post by etohin
hey there, i was the exact same after failing mine the first time; i couldn't stop thinking about it for a couple of weeks after but it does get better with time. Many people fail the first time (my uncle failed 4 times & he'd been driving in a different country for years beforehand) & it doesn't mean you will be a worse driver when you do pass (in fact, people who pass 2nd/3rd time tend to be safer drivers), especially since it was a stupid mistake that failed you.

True. Thanks for the reply. It just hurts because the whole drive was perfect and it was one little mistake which was not going fast enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending