The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Older/ mature students at uni (UCL)

Hi guys, I’m starting uni this year and I just turned 20. I took a gap and since I’m born in September when I’m starting uni now it seems like I’ve taken two gap years and old for a fresher. I'm going to UCL and I’m nervous that there wouldn’t be any freshers at my age. Do u guys know if there are many people like me at unis especially at ucl? And would it be hard to find friends?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, I’m starting uni this year and I just turned 20. I took a gap and since I’m born in September when I’m starting uni now it seems like I’ve taken two gap years and old for a fresher. I'm going to UCL and I’m nervous that there wouldn’t be any freshers at my age. Do u guys know if there are many people like me at unis especially at ucl? And would it be hard to find friends?

It's really not unusual for people for people to take a gap year (or two!), and in any case 1 person in 12 is born in September.

You won't stand out in any way. Most people probably won't realise that you're a whole year (gasp!) older than them. And you might find that there are people a decade (or more) older than you on your course.

This isn't school -- as you get older the idea that friends must be the same age as you goes out of the window.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending