sunsetlover321
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
UCAS application due soon....
I would like to do either social work, nursing or occupational therapy.
which one should I choose?
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sunsetlover321)
UCAS application due soon....
I would like to do either social work, nursing or occupational therapy.
which one should I choose?
They are all very different degrees and careers. What are you hoping to gain by asking us? Most people can only give the reason they applied to a certain degree but that won’t necessarily help you. You need to think about what you want out of a future career
paub
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what intrests you in them. have you experience in them. maybe see if you can get a taster with each of them. do not do a ucas application with 3 diffrent degrees on it. you wont get into any that way.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't apply to uni this year if you don't know what to study. Deciding what you're going to spend 3 years studying and paying for should never be an urgent decision.
sunsetlover321
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by paub)
what intrests you in them. have you experience in them. maybe see if you can get a taster with each of them. do not do a ucas application with 3 diffrent degrees on it. you wont get into any that way.
Thank you for your help
I am not so keen on nursing but there are more jobs as a nurse at the minute than social work or occupational therapy
If I could do any I would do occupational therapy I think but there are limited job opportunities unfortunately
paub
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
if occupational therapy is what interests you do that, there will be a role for you after you qualify, dont do nursing because its easier to get a job. you will be miserable unmotivated and could turn into a poor nurse same for the other roles. you must have an interest in them to fully get the best out of your job. try your preferred path and only if that does not work out try another role. but no matter what congrats on wanting to be in the caring professions
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your help
I am not so keen on nursing but there are more jobs as a nurse at the minute than social work or occupational therapy
If I could do any I would do occupational therapy I think but there are limited job opportunities unfortunately
"There are more jobs as a nurse" really isn't a reason to do nursing - your heart has to be in it. Please don't go into a healthcare job that your heart's not fully in.
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your help
You'll have far better opportunities as a nurse over the others,
To be honest with you ok, your heart must be 100% in doing a healthcare career as otherwise don't do it.
sunsetlover321
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by paub)
if occupational therapy is what interests you do that, there will be a role for you after you qualify, dont do nursing because its easier to get a job. you will be miserable unmotivated and could turn into a poor nurse same for the other roles. you must have an interest in them to fully get the best out of your job. try your preferred path and only if that does not work out try another role. but no matter what congrats on wanting to be in the caring professions
I will go into occupational therapy after your advice thank you!
sunsetlover321
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
You'll have far better opportunities as a nurse over the others,
To be honest with you ok, your heart must be 100% in doing a healthcare career as otherwise don't do it.
Thank you - I think I will apply for occupational therapy rather than nursing!
I just would like a job after uni but after looking on the nhs job website there seems to be a few occupational therapy around the UK
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you - I think I will apply for occupational therapy rather than nursing!
I just would like a job after uni but after looking on the nhs job website there seems to be a few occupational therapy around the UK
You welcome ok

You chose the best one that suits you over things like" there seems to few Occupionational therapist " as every job is necessary part of healthcare.
There's reasons why there's not enough people in certain jobs in NHS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (236)
57.42%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.9%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
10.95%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.76%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed