sunsetlover321
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My sociology teacher has predicted me a C when I really need a B for my course that I would like to do.
My other 2 subject predictions are C and Distinction*
I am in England btw
maidajajja
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maybe talk to her and explain that you need a B to get into your top university and maybe show her some work or prove to her with coming exams that you will get that grade.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ideally this is what your five university course choices should look like on UCAS
1 'risky' choice - just above your predicted grades - ie. one grade and not in a crucial subject.
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - below your predicted grade.
The risky choice is because sometimes, Unis will still consider applicants with predicted grades just below their entry requirements.
You still have to get the higher offer grades in August - but they do this as an incentive to make you work for those grades.

Be aware that D* CC does not equal ABB or even BBB - with 'uneven' grades like that, you will have more success applying to UCAS points Unis not those asking for specific grades.
sunsetlover321
Rep:
?
(Original post by maidajajja)
Maybe talk to her and explain that you need a B to get into your top university and maybe show her some work or prove to her with coming exams that you will get that grade.
Will do
sunsetlover321
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Ideally this is what your five university course choices should look like on UCAS
1 'risky' choice - just above your predicted grades - ie. one grade and not in a crucial subject.
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - below your predicted grade.
The risky choice is because sometimes, Unis will still consider applicants with predicted grades just below their entry requirements.
You still have to get the higher offer grades in August - but they do this as an incentive to make you work for those grades.

Be aware that D* CC does not equal ABB or even BBB - with 'uneven' grades like that, you will have more success applying to UCAS points Unis not those asking for specific grades.
Thank you for your help
I thought that D* is the same ucas points as an A* though...
I am looking more towards UCAS points unis anyway but would like to know if they are the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads