natterings of a neuroscientist [year 1]

Watch
procrastinatingb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hello all! i've been on the fence about doing a gyg this year - last year was the first time i ever did one and although i started to fall off regular updates towards the end, i think it did actually help me stay on track a bit more throughout the year!

~about me~
hi! i'm jess, i'm 18, and i'm studying neuroscience at the university of birmingham
- a levels: german (A*), biology (A), and maths (B). in my free time i love reading + i'm currently working my way through grey's anatomy! (halfway through s6 as i write this). and the thing i'm missing most now that i'm hours away from home is my two cats </3

my modules this year
- research methods for neuroscientists
- introduction to evolution + animal biology
- foundation of neuroscience
- foundation of pharmacology
- genetics I
- cognitive psychology

lectures/seminars etc don't start until monday and i have a bit of a slow week next week so there might not be a ton of updating for a while but i wanted to get this set up a little before things ramp up, although i might make it look a bit nicer over time

on a final note if you're at the same uni let's hang out!! i need to not sit in my flat all day haha. oh and of course let me know if you want to be added to a tag list!
Last edited by procrastinatingb; 4 weeks ago
rrr.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Omg UoB is on my uni list for Neuroscience too, do update how it goes !! i'm super stuck with my personal statement could I see yours for inspo? Completely understand if you don't want to x
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
:woo: hope you have a great year jess :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.84%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.18%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.01%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.4%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.73%

Watched Threads