Tonsil stones

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Soo I started getting them in high school. I know gross conversation but anyway.. They've only just been getting worse. I didnt have any problems for months! Maybe even nearly a year then suddenly they've started back up.

On my left side it's really bad, it's gone all irritated and it's not coming out and it's bleeding a bit and I find it really hard to swallow now. It's gotten really painful so I thought to resort to here for tips on how to reduce pain or to even get them out, normally I get them out no problem but.. Yeah.

Thank you so so much I know this is probably gross!
grey-giraffe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Best to make an appointment with your GP.
S183355
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve suffered with tonsil stones for years, they are such a pain !!! I’ve never had once this bad but when I get them stuck, as bad as it sounds, I get a cotton bud and try and scoop it out 🤢 I know it sounds horrible but it normally works for me but if it’s too painful I would definitely get it checked out by your doctor.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by S183355)
I’ve suffered with tonsil stones for years, they are such a pain !!! I’ve never had once this bad but when I get them stuck, as bad as it sounds, I get a cotton bud and try and scoop it out 🤢 I know it sounds horrible but it normally works for me but if it’s too painful I would definitely get it checked out by your doctor.
I do that all the time! It's just so much harder to get them out when they're on my left side..I think that's why they're so bad on that side cause I can never manage to get them out, sorry sounds gross! But thank you so much, they've somehow calmed down this now.
S183355
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I do that all the time! It's just so much harder to get them out when they're on my left side..I think that's why they're so bad on that side cause I can never manage to get them out, sorry sounds gross! But thank you so much, they've somehow calmed down this now.
Yeah mine are always more of a pain on the left side too 😂😂 no problem, I’m glad they’ve been able to help it 🙂 !!!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by S183355)
Yeah mine are always more of a pain on the left side too 😂😂 no problem, I’m glad they’ve been able to help it 🙂 !!!
Haha! 😂 And I never called the GP they just faded away after a couple days. Although touch wood they'll probably come back..
S183355
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Haha! 😂 And I never called the GP they just faded away after a couple days. Although touch wood they'll probably come back..
Yeah fingers crossed they’ll leave you alone !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (121)
56.54%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (24)
11.21%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (26)
12.15%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.88%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed