Health and Welfare Access Course

Watch
Crunch33
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi I am currently attending an Health and Welfare course at NWRC as a pathway to occupational therapy or Physiotherapy I’m am interested in attending University of Ulster in 2022 I am a mature student any advice would be appreciated, or has anyone gone this route? Thank you
anonymous789123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Crunch33)
Hi I am currently attending an Health and Welfare course at NWRC as a pathway to occupational therapy or Physiotherapy I’m am interested in attending University of Ulster in 2022 I am a mature student any advice would be appreciated, or has anyone gone this route? Thank you
What would you like to know. I completed a sports science access course at college then a Sports therapy degree and currently a Physiotherapy MSc. I worked for 12 months in NHS community therapy under Physios and Occupational Therapists prior to the MSc. So can offer advice if you need any. I'm a mature student as well.
Crunch33
Rep:
?
Hi
Thanks for your response, I am wondering if u felt the access course prepared you for the degree? Can I ask where u completed your degree? Would you know anyone who completed health and welfare access and went on to do Physiotherapy or occupational therapy, I am hoping to get into Magee university as I can’t travel any further, Thank you 🙏
anonymous789123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi
Thanks for your response, I am wondering if u felt the access course prepared you for the degree? Can I ask where u completed your degree? Would you know anyone who completed health and welfare access and went on to do Physiotherapy or occupational therapy, I am hoping to get into Magee university as I can’t travel any further, Thank you 🙏
The access course was really good for uni prep especially 12 years after my failed AS levels. We had about 15 assignments over the 1 year course and they are constant and relentless. Way more than you get a degree level (which increases in detail and critique), so if you can manage them well, it will set you up just fine for the uni workload. It broke me into essay writing and learning really well even when i was so nervous if i could manage before i started.

I did my degree at Uclan and I don't know anyone that did health and welfare access but Id say do what you will be interested in that gives you an 'in' to a physio degree. It sound like Health and wellness will prepare you well for that side of the physio profession, you will come across a lot of students that have no idea that physio is a health medical profession as they are focused on MSK sport injuries in private practice. hope that's ok
Crunch33
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonymous789123)
The access course was really good for uni prep especially 12 years after my failed AS levels. We had about 15 assignments over the 1 year course and they are constant and relentless. Way more than you get a degree level (which increases in detail and critique), so if you can manage them well, it will set you up just fine for the uni workload. It broke me into essay writing and learning really well even when i was so nervous if i could manage before i started.

I did my degree at Uclan and I don't know anyone that did health and welfare access but Id say do what you will be interested in that gives you an 'in' to a physio degree. It sound like Health and wellness will prepare you well for that side of the physio profession, you will come across a lot of students that have no idea that physio is a health medical profession as they are focused on MSK sport injuries in private practice. hope that's ok
Hi
Thank you for your response, I have since received an email that I would need the science access for Physiotherapy entry so I will move forward with OT, your advise was very helpful thank you 😊
beefcurry
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi you can message me if you want to I'm a mature student in NI and did access last year.
Crunch33
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by beefcurry)
Hi you can message me if you want to I'm a mature student in NI and did access last year.
Hi, I’m hoping to do OT next year in Magee, how did you find the course? Did u go on to study this year? If so how did u find the process?
Thank you
beefcurry
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I’m hoping to do OT next year in Magee, how did you find the course? Did u go on to study this year? If so how did u find the process?
Thank you
Hi I wrote a reply but it didn't post. I'm not doing OT but applied to do a similar funded course. The process is different this year as instead of the hpat exam its a video interview. Access is a really good grounding for moving onto university level study.
Last edited by beefcurry; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (152)
55.07%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.77%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.42%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.71%

Watched Threads