The Student Room Group

UCL maths

Hello everyone .
I’m applying for a maths degree starting 2022 .
I study maths further maths and physics . Could somebody shed light on how hard UCL maths is ?
Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Dimpledchin
Hello everyone .
I study maths further maths and physics . Could somebody shed light on how hard UCL maths is ?
Many thanks

I wish someone would apply. If you get in let us know. I am thinking of applying for 2022 😉
Hello everyone .
Many thanks

Where else have you applied?
Reply 3
Original post by LibertyoLee99
Where else have you applied?

Sorry I will be applying for 2023 entry in 2022. But thinking Warwick, Durham, Bristol, Bath too. Not keen to sit MAT or STEP. You? I'd like to stay in London but worry about UCL tough reputation. Like Exeter Uni but the above are stronger for maths...
Original post by Deni10
Sorry I will be applying for 2023 entry in 2022. But thinking Warwick, Durham, Bristol, Bath too. Not keen to sit MAT or STEP. You? I'd like to stay in London but worry about UCL tough reputation. Like Exeter Uni but the above are stronger for maths...

Have you thought about Nottingham? I'm a second year maths student here, its great for maths but doesn't require MAT or STEP which was also a pro for me when I was applying as I felt the same. If you've got any questions about UoN too, please ask!
What were the entry req?
Hello everyone .
Many thanks

If you meant how difficult to get an offer:
- Needs A*A* in maths & FM, + A 3rd A.
- if A*A A, then u need a 2 in STEP.
- PS must b focussed, tell the story of yr interest in maths beyond just getting a City job.
Its all there on website. but v competitive overall, is my understanding.

OR

if you meant how difficult to complete coursework:
- quite demanding
- high-intellect peers, so getting a 2:1 isnt easy.

Lots of opinions about top maths course Ranking - COWI, COWIU etc. but one must primarily b guided by what you Want to do with the maths degree.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest