sciencegcsesss
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Sup, I’m doing A Level Maths, History and Literature (dropped Classics because I couldn’t handle the workload).

I cbb to read all the other responses but am I the only one who always feels soooooooooo tired after school and just can’t be bothered to do anything even though you know it’ll help?
I travel 45mins-1 hour everyday and get up at 6:30am to arrive on time (first lesson starts at 8:45am) and I arrive home at ~5:10pm.
So far I’m just completing homework etc and a quick google of extra things from time to time.
Sometimes I just feel annoyed at myself because I always say to myself to finally/actually make some Anki flashcards, do some further reading before I have to return the book I’ve borrowed from the library (next week), catch up on two History powerpoints I missed when I was off, read more poems from the anthology, practice literary analysis, get into good habits & further reading early to expand my knowledge for UCAS.....
And I guess my college is just trying to make the transition into A Levels easy but I stg I just feel like I’m in high school. I wish my teachers pushed us more or promoted questions that lead to more sophisticated points, because that is what I’m dedicating 11 hours every day for - outstanding teaching like the college and headteacher says they do!!!! Obvs it is still down to you no matter if you go to like Eton but do you still get me?
I just always feel tired even though: I sleep 8hours (trying to be in bed by 9pm but no because that is actually a good idea haha haha) and I make sure that I’m not hungry.
Also trying to actually read more! Because how can you study literature at A LEVEL but not read. Also trying to learn chess and a language because I’m the only member of my family who doesn’t speak it :-))))))))))))).
Finally, I’m scared that if I acted like this when I did my GCSEs I would NOT have got the amazing grades I did get (one grade 7, two 8s and six 9s).

LOL sorry that this isn’t very coherent!!!!
ashpritgcse2020
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
few tips:
Vitamins? do you take them, is your diet healthy enough?

Do you rely highly on caffeine?

Is working out or exercising an option for you? it helps.

Do you have any self care routines?

Do you feel burnt out from all the work perhaps? you can look up burn out symptoms on google.

for me, I feel like you are doing very well with studies but at the end of the day make sure you arent pushing yourself. Everyone has limits. I recently realised mine. I am a y13 student btw.

I do hope you recover
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashpritgcse2020)
few tips:
Vitamins? do you take them, is your diet healthy enough?

Do you rely highly on caffeine?

Is working out or exercising an option for you? it helps.

Do you have any self care routines?

Do you feel burnt out from all the work perhaps? you can look up burn out symptoms on google.

for me, I feel like you are doing very well with studies but at the end of the day make sure you arent pushing yourself. Everyone has limits. I recently realised mine. I am a y13 student btw.

I do hope you recover
Hi thanks a lot for replying. :-)

Diet: I (try to) take vitamin C because my mum wants me to, eat cereal and a banana in the morning (I think I’ll eat scrambled eggs or toast as well because I’m hungry by the time I arrive at school), two bagels at lunch (smoked salmon and cucumber), after school I eat what my parents have cooked before (generally meat/fish with rice/pasta etc, sometimes soups). I admit that I should eat another meal in the evening, but when after school I’m just tired from the day, not because I’m hungry.

Caffeine: nope! I only drink water - I’ve never had coffee because I hate the smell. I rarely drink tea.

Exercise: I could either go hiking/on the treadmill at the weekend? I will try to do more exercise. Actually, it takes 5-10 minutes to walk from the bus station to my class, my History class is on the second floor so I do manage to do some exercise?

Self care: id think so. During year 11 I sometimes had time for my hobbies and that was really nice to actually do something that I like.

I might be burnt out? I’ve felt like this before in Year 11 and I just find it hard to tell whether that’s just normal because the work is harder, it’s literally just more exhausting or whether I’m actually burnt out.

Yeah I think so. Thank you again for your advice and good luck with Year 13
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
?
I think writing this out has helped me.

Social media/things that have annoyed me
- Today I saw one Year 12 studygram account post a picture of their notes/completed homework for each subject with a caption saying other stuff and something along the lines of ‘it’s a myth that you won’t have any free during A Levels as long you just keep on top of work (fair enough). I literally have completed everything and have nothing to do for the weekend! ’. Like pointing out that I’m just falling behind
- another year 12 study gram account I follow has just been abroad for like a week now, during school time, and they’re still being ‘productive’ and making loads of notes and posting about visiting lots of museums and pictures by the pool and beach. Like what is the point of going on holiday if you’re just going to work? And what type of school lets students go abroad during term time (unless it’s an exceptional circumstance)???
- How today (and many other days hahahahahah) I have literally spoken worse English when it is my native and only language I speak in comparison to millions of people who speak English as their second, third... etc language.
- Lowkey scared that I just really don’t like Maths (too abstract - only like solving problems and logic/my ability in it) and Literature (I just don’t have the passion for it because I haven’t read consistently in years when it’s literally modelled to be similar to a first-year degree course now👍👍👍👍👍👍👍). And I STILL am unsure of my A Levels and what I would switch to🤡.
- And I am also sick and scared of how desensitised, detached and apathetic one can become on social media. And there are literally soooo many stupid things on the ig feed.

Next steps
I think the root is just not feeling any individuality/identity and that my entire identity is coming from how ‘smart’ I am in class and getting frustrated when not getting any feedback on things that I put a lot of effort in, like my summer homework (teachers didn’t mark them because its purpose is to help us) - because all I do after school is procrastinate and just watch TV/go on social media rather than finally doing something that I want to do because I found it interesting like my hobbies and learning that language properly/fluently.
- I’m going to permanently disable my ig account tomorrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (10)
47.62%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
14.29%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
14.29%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
4.76%
I haven't started researching yet (1)
4.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
14.29%

Watched Threads