Brother broke laptop and mom blame me

Watch
Biancaba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi. My brother purposely broke my laptop he poured water into the holes and basically everywhere as he was in a bad mood because of unrelated issues to do with me. I told my mom who blame me for leaving water in the room and refuses to let me to borrow his laptop for the meantime. ( he has a computer phone laptop and Nintendo switch but I only have a phone and laptop) I have so much work on that laptop and it feels as if no one really cares. My mum did not even told him of but I was the one that got in trouble. Is this fair and what shall I do.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
same thing happened to me a couple of months ago but with charger, my brother threw my laptop charger across the room for no reason and I know it was just charger but i had things to do in the laptop that day itself and when I went to my mother she blamed me for it by saying that it must've broken down because i kept it plugged all the time which was not true and it was broken due to him throwing it and he did not get any blame for that which really pissed me off since I had things to do in the laptop and had no money to get a new charger right there and then and had to wait till i got money in order to buy a new one

things like this is not fair obviously
Last edited by summerbirdreads; 3 weeks ago
Manboi360
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
0ptics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Biancaba)
Hi. My brother purposely broke my laptop he poured water into the holes and basically everywhere as he was in a bad mood because of unrelated issues to do with me. I told my mom who blame me for leaving water in the room and refuses to let me to borrow his laptop for the meantime. ( he has a computer phone laptop and Nintendo switch but I only have a phone and laptop) I have so much work on that laptop and it feels as if no one really cares. My mum did not even told him of but I was the one that got in trouble. Is this fair and what shall I do.
It sounds hard but don’t over-stress yourself about this as what has been done is now done. Obviously, this doesn’t justify your mum or your brother’s actions but my point is that it’s pointless to look back in the past and induce another form of stress. Additionally, judging by your mother’s actions based on this post, I don’t think it’s worth it to try and negotiate with her. Perhaps start by thinking in the present and think to yourself, is it the end of the world if my laptop got broken? Can I find a way to restore my lost work? Once again, it is hard to have this mindset after an event like this but try!

Also, I have to say that it’s concerning that you’re asking if it’s fair that your brother gets away with this Hope you’re doing ok!
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
always backup your files to the cloud.
Biancaba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
always backup your files to the cloud.
Dw everything is backed up just no computer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (10)
50%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (2)
10%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
15%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
5%
I haven't started researching yet (1)
5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
15%

Watched Threads