The Student Room Group

Virginity

if a man sticks his penis into you and rests for 20 seconds and takes it out with no intercourse, are you still a virgin? and will your hymen still be in tact? he claimed that he saw blood on his condom when he tried to push it deeper but it was just a tiny amount, nothing crazy. can this mean the hymen is stretched or is it completely broken? the tightness pretty much is the same before & after he put his **** inside and the hole doesnt look stretched out at all. please answer

Scroll to see replies

Your hymen may or may not still be in tact. Your hymen could already be broken- it can break playing sports anyway. It’s not “proof” of virginity.

Having sex won’t change the tightness or make it look stretched out.

Whether you’re still a virgin or not depends how you define virginity. It’s a social construct, not a scientific thing. Some people say any sexual touching means you’re no longer a virgin, some say you’re a virgin until you have “full sex”, etc.
Virginity is a social construct/myth and has nothing to do with whether or not a hymen is intact. Hymens break for various reasons in people who have or have not not had vaginal intercourse. You get to decide if you think this encounter constitutes losing your virginity or not.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by HousesInCork
Virginity is a social construct/myth and has nothing to do with whether or not a hymen is intact. Hymens break for various reasons in people who have or have not not had vaginal intercourse. You get to decide if you think this encounter constitutes losing your virginity or not.

So what would your opinion be on this? If you were someone who considered having intercourse as a sign of losing your virginity, would you exclude this experience?
Original post by Anonymous
So what would your opinion be on this? If you were someone who considered having intercourse as a sign of losing your virginity, would you exclude this experience?

Question is why did he pull out?
Grey area, probably depends on your feelings.
if a man sticks his penis into you and rests for 20 seconds and takes it out with no intercourse, are you still a virgin? and will your hymen still be in tact? he claimed that he saw blood on his condom when he tried to push it deeper but it was just a tiny amount, nothing crazy. can this mean the hymen is stretched or is it completely broken? the tightness pretty much is the same before & after he put his **** inside and the hole doesnt look stretched out at all. please answer

You are not. Someone has already been there whether it is for 20 seconds or 20 hours. You have to accept the reality. Good luck
Reply 7
Question is why did he pull out?

He was disgusted by the fact that I bled so he didn't want to proceed with the intercourse
He was disgusted by the fact that I bled so he didn't want to proceed with the intercourse

Omg throw the whole thing away. No I wouldn't count that because he's a douchebag.
*By the whole thing I meant him btw

In your original post you described it as involving "no intercourse", so it sounds like you're not really thinking of/processing this experience as having been sexual intercourse. Which by your definition here would mean not having lost your virginity.
But again, only you can know how you feel about/define this.
(edited 2 years ago)
If he put his **** inside you then you probably have lost your virginity yeah
*By the whole thing I meant him btw

Yeah it sucks, I wish he would be a man and accept that it's normal for virgins to bleed. He knew I was a virgin but he still tried to penetrate me. If I knew he didn't like blood then I wouldn't have let him put his **** near me 😕
Omg throw the whole thing away. No I wouldn't count that because he's a douchebag.

That’s not how things work. It is not for you to decide what counts and does not count.
Original post by Wired_1800
That’s not how things work. It is not for you to decide what counts and does not count.

OP asked

OP asked

Yes, I saw that post. That’s not how it works, one cannot pick and choose what counts or not.
Yes, I saw that post. That’s not how it works, one cannot pick and choose what counts or not.

She asked what we'd consider it if it happened to us and I said I wouldn't? What's your point? I'm only answering the question
She asked what we'd consider it if it happened to us and I said I wouldn't? What's your point? I'm only answering the question

My point is that it is silly to say that you would not count it as intercourse when it clearly is.
My point is that it is silly to say that you would not count it as intercourse when it clearly is.

It's my choice?
Are you female?
Original post by Desideri
Your hymen may or may not still be in tact. Your hymen could already be broken- it can break playing sports anyway. It’s not “proof” of virginity.

Having sex won’t change the tightness or make it look stretched out.

Whether you’re still a virgin or not depends how you define virginity. It’s a social construct, not a scientific thing. Some people say any sexual touching means you’re no longer a virgin, some say you’re a virgin until you have “full sex”, etc.

Motherhood and fatherhood are also 'social constructs'. So is the entire legal system, and ice cream. The common understanding of virginity is you actually have to have had sex. I've never heard anyone in the UK describe it any other way. Or in other countries I've been to, though I haven't been outside of Europe much.

I get mildly triggered when I hear the phrase 'social construct' because usually it's used by people to try and undermine the credibility of something, or to 'deconstruct it' as they would say in their own words. They will sometimes say "x, y or z is a social construct", and not follow up with any further commentary. As if no further comment is even necessary. As if the fact that something is a social construct discredits it automatically. I've heard it so many times that my heart rate speeds up a little now every time I hear it.

Kids having sex at the age of 14 or 16, and potentially having more kids which they can't support is not a good thing. The concept of 'virginity' partially exists to discourage this type of behavior in society, as it fking should be.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending