bb24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m 3 weeks into year 10 and I’ve started doing drama Gsce this year … I really enjoyed it in year 7-9 but i can’t stand it this year!! The practicals make me dread every lesson…I’ve tried to keep at it but I just don’t like it. I’d love to switch to something else but is it too late do you think? Should I just stick it out?
Thanks Xx
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not at all! I switched from food to history about a month in and it's the best thing I could've done. You don't do loads in the first few weeks of a GCSE course so you can catch up, especially if you borrow someone's notes or even better get handouts from the teacher.
Last edited by ashtolga23; 3 weeks ago
ajay06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bb24)
I’m 3 weeks into year 10 and I’ve started doing drama Gsce this year … I really enjoyed it in year 7-9 but i can’t stand it this year!! The practicals make me dread every lesson…I’ve tried to keep at it but I just don’t like it. I’d love to switch to something else but is it too late do you think? Should I just stick it out?
Thanks Xx
Honestly, if you don't it, you shouldn't do it, like mentioned by ashtolga23 the beginning month of GCSE is relatively slow and not much is done.
bb24
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashtolga23)
Not at all! I switched from food to history about a month in and it's the best thing I could've done. You don't do loads in the first few weeks of a GCSE course so you can catch up, especially if you borrow someone's notes or even better get handouts from the teacher.
Thanks so much for your help!! I went and talked to my teacher and hopefully I’ll be able to switch!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bb24)
Thanks so much for your help!! I went and talked to my teacher and hopefully I’ll be able to switch!
Is there space in a subject you want to do in the same option block?
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bb24)
I'm so glad to hear it!
bb24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Is there space in a subject you want to do in the same option block?
No but I think they said they’ll switch my subjects timing around so I can join hopefully… 🤞
Googley_eyes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bb24)
Thanks Xx
The first term of drama sucks, you have to do all of the stupid stuff. When the coursework starts it really improves. If you have writing essays though, avoid drama, it’s very essay based as opposed to acting.
bb24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Googley_eyes)
The first term of drama sucks, you have to do all of the stupid stuff. When the coursework starts it really improves. If you have writing essays though, avoid drama, it’s very essay based as opposed to acting.
Now I wish I didn’t ask to switch Lol!! x 😂 I actually really enjoy writing essays and coursework and stuff like that .. for me I wasn’t a fan of performing! Even tho I have no stage fright or anything I just didn’t enjoy it .. 😭 I also found out you could do makeup or costumes instead just now … but the subject I asked to switch to is great so I’m happy either way! Not sure if im even allowed to switch yet tho 😂😬😬
ajay06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As long as you are happy its all good
bb24
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajay06)
As long as you are happy its all good
😁😁😁😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (152)
55.07%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.77%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.42%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.71%

Watched Threads