Mad Man
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In the notes for biology P&M tutor it says so. It has the same units so is it true?
I can't find any definitions on the internet that are similar.
Mad Man
Rep:
?
I feel pessimistic about p&M tutor now
confusion59
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hey, so i don't know a ton but water potential = solute potential + pressure potential [ i mean its more stuff but we need only this until A level]
you should get a result for these terms online and maybe even easier explanations.
solute potential is basically caused by the whole concentration element. so more solute , less solute stuff. pressure is caused by water molecules but it isn't as simple. it has something to do with cell structure so you may wanna research more.

lol sorry this wasn't very helpful .
Mad Man
Rep:
?
(Original post by confusion59)
hey, so i don't know a ton but water potential = solute potential + pressure potential [ i mean its more stuff but we need only this until A level]
you should get a result for these terms online and maybe even easier explanations.
solute potential is basically caused by the whole concentration element. so more solute , less solute stuff. pressure is caused by water molecules but it isn't as simple. it has something to do with cell structure so you may wanna research more.

lol sorry this wasn't very helpful .
It's okay, thanks for your response. I am doing a levels though
confusion59
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ah i think you misunderstood. i mean like you need this much information for like A levels too and not more. sorry english is my second language so yeah.
confusion59
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mad Man)
I feel pessimistic about p&M tutor now
there stuff is alright. it might not be the most detailed or accurate so you should use other resources too. Eg. youtube videos - like snaprevise or exham bio or miss eustruch [ lol sorry these are the ones i used not sure how much they might help you / might be relevant to your spec] or like your textbook , like if u can get hold of an online copy. ultimately making notes in lessons is the most accurate info you can get.
Mad Man
Rep:
?
(Original post by confusion59)
there stuff is alright. it might not be the most detailed or accurate so you should use other resources too. Eg. youtube videos - like snaprevise or exham bio or miss eustruch [ lol sorry these are the ones i used not sure how much they might help you / might be relevant to your spec] or like your textbook , like if u can get hold of an online copy. ultimately making notes in lessons is the most accurate info you can get.
Thanks, but I'm like your username atm. Confused.
Mad Man
Rep:
?
Can anyone verify this definition because P=F/A = N/m^2 = N.m/m^3 W=Fd = Nm so J/m^3 and the definition in wikipedia is potential energy of water per unit volume
Mad Man
Rep:
?
Anyone?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Water Potential is measured in kiloPascals (kPa)... these are equivalent to kJ/m3
Mad Man
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
Water Potential is measured in kiloPascals (kPa)... these are equivalent to kJ/m3
Technically that is correct but it still has the same base units (J/M^3). So what should I do, one book says one thing and the other says another, I'm stressing out.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Technically that is correct but it still has the same base units (J/M^3). So what should I do, one book says one thing and the other says another, I'm stressing out.
look up your Exam Board syllabus... they should include a list of approved units.
Mad Man
Rep:
?
look up your Exam Board syllabus... they should include a list of approved units.
I'm just confused that there is no clear definition of water potential and in the exam board approved book and pmt say water potential is the pressure of water molecules.
Mad Man
Rep:
?
Is anyone doing AQA A level biology?
Mad Man
Rep:
?
Please someone help
Mad Man
Rep:
?
kPa just means 1x10^3Pa, the derivation, I believe is correct
PastelColours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
in my notes I have it as 'Water potential is the measure of the quantity of water compared to solutes, measured as the pressure created by the water molecules in kPa'. if thats any help
Mad Man
Rep:
?
(Original post by PastelColours)
in my notes I have it as 'Water potential is the measure of the quantity of water compared to solutes, measured as the pressure created by the water molecules in kPa'. if thats any help
It does sort of help because it mentions that water potential is measured as pressure. Where did you find this information?
Mad Man
Rep:
?
Muttley79 any ideas?
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Muttley79 any ideas?
I didn't even take Biology O level!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (173)
55.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
14.1%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
10.9%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (29)
9.29%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.49%

Watched Threads