Views: 6
Size:  48.1 KB
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
How did you trick them?
(Original post by Anonymous)
teach me your ways master [folded hands and a bow]
I'm home-educated but I have exams next month in the autumn session. so I told them vaccination was required in my examination centre so they let me get vaccinated but I lied to them, I have no idea whether it is required or not, but I don't think it is
0ptics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
but I tricked them into letting me get vaccinated
Cool, did you tell them that getting vaccinated would induce your body as a free wifi router, or just whatever anti-vaxxers usually think these days?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 0ptics)
Cool, did you tell them that getting vaccinated would induce your body as a free wifi router, or just whatever anti-vaxxers usually think these days?
my parents just think vaccines are a waste and that they're not effective enough and that our immune system should build the antibodies on it's own or whatnot, idgaf what they think though but they don't believe vaccines cause autism or it's government propaganda to turn people into drones or whatever
0ptics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my parents just think vaccines are a waste and that they're not effective enough and that our immune system should build the antibodies on it's own or whatnot, idgaf what they think though but they don't believe vaccines cause autism or it's government propaganda to turn people into drones or whatever
I’ve seen people, especially on TSR, who adopt that mindset. Good on you for ‘tricking’ them I suppose.
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank god they're not down that rabbit hole. Though if I were you, I'd try to educate them on vaccines a notch.

My parents were the crazed Brexit sort before I gave them a bit of TLC on how some of their family members wouldn't be able to come for seasonal work as much anymore, changed their mind after that (as an example.) Giving facts tends to work if you can back them up, which should help change their minds on vaccines.

(Or just buy them a book on vaccinology and be done with it?)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (239)
57.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.74%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.06%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.65%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.33%

Watched Threads