Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i wanna be more artistic, express myself and like try out different clothing. but i'm always stuck with putting other things before it and i feel like i currently have to creative expression of any sort. but it's also partly cuz i am insecure about my artistic abilities you could say . this is like in terms or writing , or art or fashion ... and even music.
What can i do to get more comfortable in my skin ?
also another factor is that im overweight and so in terms of fashion there are many people, including my loved ones who might not be comfortable with it . its not like i haven't tried before... but i am just seen as weird and then i feel ashamed for some reason for trying... idrk .
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i wanna be more artistic, express myself and like try out different clothing. but i'm always stuck with putting other things before it and i feel like i currently have to creative expression of any sort. but it's also partly cuz i am insecure about my artistic abilities you could say . this is like in terms or writing , or art or fashion ... and even music.
What can i do to get more comfortable in my skin ?
also another factor is that im overweight and so in terms of fashion there are many people, including my loved ones who might not be comfortable with it . its not like i haven't tried before... but i am just seen as weird and then i feel ashamed for some reason for trying... idrk .
Never be afraid to try. Trying and failing is better than never bothering at all. It may be fun to try something new and artistic, rather than just sticking with the same safe option. Being overweight does not mean you can't have style. I can remember being in Lincoln and seeing someone looking really stylish and unique. She turned around and I could see she was in her 70s. My first reaction was to admire her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
Never be afraid to try. Trying and failing is better than never bothering at all. It may be fun to try something new and artistic, rather than just sticking with the same safe option. Being overweight does not mean you can't have style. I can remember being in Lincoln and seeing someone looking really stylish and unique. She turned around and I could see she was in her 70s. My first reaction was to admire her.
awww. yeah i agree everyone deserves to be themselves and thanks for boosting my confidence a bit. now i'm trying to picture what the old lady was wearing lol. but ya it really is admirable. just wish i had more confidence ig ... and like i just don't know where to start or what my first change should be ?
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
awww. yeah i agree everyone deserves to be themselves and thanks for boosting my confidence a bit. now i'm trying to picture what the old lady was wearing lol. but ya it really is admirable. just wish i had more confidence ig ... and like i just don't know where to start or what my first change should be ?
What kind of outfits do you visualise wearing? Something more colourful, maybe? That lifts the mood straight away..

Or maybe some jewelry you fancy? Or a nice handbag? Then you could start gradually, without going so "daring" as the actual clothes.

I used to wear a hat once at uni. I also used to like the Human League. On the video "Don't you want me baby", the singer had short hair, but wore a large plait down her back. I started growing part of my hair so I could look like her. I also still use kohl around my eyes like her, and I'm 58!

See the video (I'm talking about the blonde girl, although I looked exactly like the dark haired girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPudE8nDog0

So I guess you could start with an actress/historical figure/pop star you like

P.S. I also wore a cape. Sound daft, but I loved it. People would come rushing up to me in the refectory, asking me where I got my cape from.
Last edited by Oxford Mum; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
omigosh thank you so much for the help. and ya i think i will try with something small like jewellery and ya i am going to try to go for more colourful clothing. Also, love the personal anecdotes and keep being you and true to your self <3 and the video seems very interesting. thank you once again and yeah maybe i will try find info from icons and videos i like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (296)
57.59%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (72)
14.01%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (57)
11.09%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (43)
8.37%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.89%

Watched Threads