The Student Room Group

Reporting driving instructor

Basically my driving instructors attitude is just really negative, i feel under pressure with him. And he told me 6 days before my driving test that i should reebook my test. My dad then phoned him because i was in tears, i have been practicing since last April, it just seems unfair to tell someone this late to cancel and just cross their name off. Just made me feel down as it is a lot of money i have put into lessons and i have missed many October cancellations now there seems to be none there's only available in February. Is there any action i could take on this ??
Original post by Anonymous36617
Basically my driving instructors attitude is just really negative, i feel under pressure with him. And he told me 6 days before my driving test that i should reebook my test. My dad then phoned him because i was in tears, i have been practicing since last April, it just seems unfair to tell someone this late to cancel and just cross their name off. Just made me feel down as it is a lot of money i have put into lessons and i have missed many October cancellations now there seems to be none there's only available in February. Is there any action i could take on this ??

Change instructor. Is the driving school his own company or does he work for like BSM or AA? What did he say when your dad phoned him?

Maybe just switch instructors? Ik people that have as sometimes you just don't mesh that well with some. Personally, my instructor literally retired midway through lol, but when I switched to a new one, I learnt a lot faster and he was also just so so much nicer, which worked well for me as overly negative people just really stress me out. I don't think that what your instructor has done warrants any form of being reported tbh, I do think that he should have told you sooner if he thought you needed to push your test back though! It might be worth finding another instructor and just doing one lesson with them to see if they think you are ready to do your test now? Then you'll have a second opinion which might differ!
Reply 3

There is no complaint here, driving instructors are scored on how well their pupils perform on test, if they have any worries about your performance they won't take you
switch instructors, the first one I had was useless and taught me hardly anything. he took it so slow and I never got past 30 miles and hour. I thought it was just me but I switched to someone else and in two weeks I was on a dual carriageway.
Original post by White Transit
Change instructor. Is the driving school his own company or does he work for like BSM or AA? What did he say when your dad phoned him?

I think it's just his own company..when my dad phoned he said i am capable but i.he's worried for me on the road. I only made one fault that lesson and i rectified it after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending