The Student Room Group

anyone else's uni experience kinda suck so far?

this might be a rant, anways;

i've been here for 3 weeks. i've seemed to got off on a weird foot with my flatmates (there's 8 of us, and 6 of them have seemingly made their own friendship group together??) so, its awkward. and i've got anxiety so sometimes i physically cant go to the kitchen if i know they're all in there :^)

went clubbing on the first week, it was fun. went to a freshers event last week, and realised i'm not a big fan of clubbing without my friends (i'd went with some people i'd barely met on groupchats). ended up catching freshers flu from that freshers event, and i've been incredibly sick for the last week.

friendwise? i've made friends with some people in my class, but they're all extroverted as hell and i feel like i'm just dragging them along with me. i met up with a really nice guy last week after talking to him on snapchat for months, and suddenly our conversations been dry as fook afterwards. i've been talking to some people online, but they're all either at home or on the other side of the city at a different uni.

idk. it sucks and i dont know what to do to make friends. i joined a society and missed the first session because i was sick and now i'm a bit off going to the next one. i've spent all my days going on walks by myself, which is fun but i just really wish i had someone to talk to in person :frown:
remember why you started!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending