reggiebbb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
what is better. And apprentiship or a degree.

I could do a degree in uni for 3 year and do placement for half of it too, or do an apprentiship for 3 years and get the degree alongside working and gaining the experience. What your opinion?
rj1.706
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it depends on where u want to work in the future. for example the top law firms in the UK prefer a degree. Research on your dream job and go from there. sometimes if you say you did a Apprenticeship some places can look down on you. so it all depends on where you want to work and what as.
Last edited by rj1.706; 3 weeks ago
OblongPea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by reggiebbb)

I could do a degree in uni for 3 year and do placement for half of it too, or do an apprentiship for 3 years and get the degree alongside working and gaining the experience. What your opinion?
It would be an absolute no brainer for me. I mean especially with degree apprenticeships now, you literally get paid to attend university either 1 day a week or on block release. Meanwhile if you did it full time you'd be in debt for years.

Also on the experience side, you're so much better off working in the company for 3 years instead of just 1 year on a placement. You'll be exposed to so much more and pick up alot more than you would as a placement student.

Places don't look down on you for doing an apprenticeship, that probably used to be the case as in the past an 'apprentice' used to be on the tools and didn't do degrees. You're still getting a degree alongside which is the entry requirement for most places.
What subject is it in? For example in engineering most places now prefer apprenticeships
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by reggiebbb)

need more info, what degree? what career do you want? what apprenticeships are you looking at? what company?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed