The Student Room Group

Should I leave Uni?

So I started university last year and it was one of the worst experiences of my life, mainly because of covid but also just negative experiences with people in general. I ended up dropping out of my course about half way through the year, and I’ve just moved back to uni this week to start my new course. However, despite the fact that covid isn’t as much of an issue anymore and I can go out and meet people, this past week has been horrible already. I’ve already had bad experiences with new people, hate my new accommodation, and despite me transferring courses like 6 months ago, my school still haven’t sorted out my timetable and modules, and I’m supposed to start lectures in 2 days. I just can’t help but feel that all of this is a sign from the Universe that I’m just not meant to be at uni. I want to be an animator for video games, but I also want to move out of the country. I thought getting a degree would be the best way to do that but now I’m wondering if there’s any other way I can achieve my goals? I just feel like every time I go back to uni, something bad happens :frown:
Maybe the Uni is not for you. Try another one. The course may be more organised, the people nicer and accommodation better.
Reply 2
Your course hasn’t started yet. If you are interested in your course then give it some time.

As for meeting people try to be positive friendly and social.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending