Depressed - going into final year at uni (NTU)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I haven’t started my course just yet, it starts in 2 days but I am constantly worried and anxious about the result I’ll get especially when I find university excruciatingly depressing. It puts me down so much. I also didn’t get a chance to properly learn some skills during covid time so I’m also worried that I can’t do certain things and they’ll notice. I don’t want to be a failure and I can’t get rid of this mindset anymore. I also live in a studio (stupid choice perhaps) thinking I’d do well alone esp in third year but the silence is kind of scary and makes me feel alone.
I am not properly diagnosed with depression but even when my parents were around me I could barely wake up to even do any work. I feel like I do have this condition. But when I search up stuff on my university website (ntu) about help it just comes up with worksheets and other things that barely involve actually talking to someone. I don’t know where I can talk about this, do I talk to a doctor?
Is anyone at university experiencing the same thing? Everyone just looks like they’re having a blast being a party animal here. I can’t be doing that anymore tbh
yotsr123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I haven’t started my course just yet, it starts in 2 days but I am constantly worried and anxious about the result I’ll get especially when I find university excruciatingly depressing. It puts me down so much. I also didn’t get a chance to properly learn some skills during covid time so I’m also worried that I can’t do certain things and they’ll notice. I don’t want to be a failure and I can’t get rid of this mindset anymore. I also live in a studio (stupid choice perhaps) thinking I’d do well alone esp in third year but the silence is kind of scary and makes me feel alone.
I am not properly diagnosed with depression but even when my parents were around me I could barely wake up to even do any work. I feel like I do have this condition. But when I search up stuff on my university website (ntu) about help it just comes up with worksheets and other things that barely involve actually talking to someone. I don’t know where I can talk about this, do I talk to a doctor?
Is anyone at university experiencing the same thing? Everyone just looks like they’re having a blast being a party animal here. I can’t be doing that anymore tbh
hey, i would pm you but you're anon?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As long as you try your best nothing else matters really. Your family will be proud as long as you try hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
87.32%
No (18)
12.68%

Watched Threads