Fluffysweetfries
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I work at T3sco’s and I earn £8.91 but apparently it’s supposed to be £9.55 and every other colleague of mine earns £9.55 or more, should I bring this up with my manager? My colleague said that they’re underpaying me heavily so I’m quite concerned considering I do a lot of overtime for them.
Last edited by Fluffysweetfries; 4 weeks ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What does your contract say your rate of pay is?
Fluffysweetfries
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
What does your contract say your rate of pay is?
It says 8.91 but every other worker has had a pay rise and I haven’t even known about this so those who were paid 8.91 before are now being paid 9.55
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fluffysweetfries)
It says 8.91 but every other worker has had a pay rise and I haven’t even known about this so those who were paid 8.91 before are now being paid 9.55
Then talk to your manager to see why you haven’t been given a pay rise.
You’re not technically being underpaid.
It may be that a certain age group is higher, or a certain length of service etc.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If your contract specifies £8.91 as your rate of pay and you are being paid this amount, there is nothing to talk about.
What your coworkers are earning, their job performances and the content of their contracts are irrelevant to your employment life.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just tell your manager your working hard and would value a pay rise and ask how you go about getting one. You could also speak to your union rep and see what they know about pay scales and if there are any collective bargaining arrangements in place
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I work at T3sco’s and I earn £8.91 but apparently it’s supposed to be £9.55 and every other colleague of mine earns £9.55 or more, should I bring this up with my manager? My colleague said that they’re underpaying me heavily so I’m quite concerned considering I do a lot of overtime for them.
Hi

Can I ask you this - are you on a temporary contract when you started at tesco ....!!!

Because if you are currently a temporary contract worker then you'll be on £8.91p for your first 12 weeks of contract and then if your contract extended you'll then be paid the current rate of £9.30p per hour untill October when it rises to new rate of £9.55p per hour.

So therefore if you either on temporary contract or new permanent staff then this will be the case of you earning £8.91p per hour till you complete your 12 weeks probation period,

So you not being underpaid at all ok,after this period then if you kept on and it's not increased then go and talk to manager or union rep on this matter,
Wait till you completed your probation period first before speaking to manager.
Best I can advise you on with this ok.

By way overtime is optional so you can take what ever available and paid current rate per hour at time and quarter.

A team leader & occasionally stand in supervisor with tesco.
Fluffysweetfries
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
If your contract specifies £8.91 as your rate of pay and you are being paid this amount, there is nothing to talk about.
What your coworkers are earning, their job performances and the content of their contracts are irrelevant to your employment life.
my coworkers are the same age as I am and started on the same day as I have which is why i asked
Fluffysweetfries
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Hi

Can I ask you this - are you on a temporary contract when you started at tesco ....!!!

Because if you are currently a temporary contract worker then you'll be on £8.91p for your first 12 weeks of contract and then if your contract extended you'll then be paid the current rate of £9.30p per hour untill October when it rises to new rate of £9.55p per hour.

So therefore if you either on temporary contract or new permanent staff then this will be the case of you earning £8.91p per hour till you complete your 12 weeks probation period,

So you not being underpaid at all ok,after this period then if you kept on and it's not increased then go and talk to manager or union rep on this matter,
Wait till you completed your probation period first before speaking to manager.
Best I can advise you on with this ok.

By way overtime is optional so you can take what ever available and paid current rate per hour at time and quarter.

A team leader & occasionally stand in supervisor with tesco.
thank you very much
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thank you very much
Hey
Your welcome ok and hopefully things will sort itself out as I said after the initial 12 weeks period you have to do with less pay ok. Xx enjoy the job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (237)
57.38%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.83%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.14%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.72%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.36%

Watched Threads