The Student Room Group

Friends and Boundaries

I’m a second yr student at uni and I’m going back in a few days I really need help with setting boundaries and stuff

I am naturally introverted and do prefer my own company but I really do love my friends and I love going out and spending time with them and I am so thankful to have them in my life

But some of them really hate taking a no for answer. They always want to go out spend time with each other , shopping, eating etc I struggle with an eating disorder and hate eating with other people and I don’t want to tell them this as they wouldn’t understand. However I can’t seem to tell them no other wise they’ll think I’m a party pooper or something.

Do you ever get one of those days when you just want to be lazy and stay at home and relax because they are extroverted they are on a just go go mode where as sometime I need a break from them and just want to relax.

How do I set boundaries and telll them that no means no when I’m out of it?
Reply 1
I noticed that if you smile while saying no, you can say it and people don't get offended. It's a wonderful thing. And if they go on and on being insistent, just tell them 'don't be insistent, I said no' while smiling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending