Hongkongers here face hate crimes as pro-China groups accused of stoking hate

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Worth reading. Would this also happen in St. Andrews? How would the school respond?

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/06/07/it...-up-hostility/

///...some 200 Chinese organisations in the UK professing their support for the crackdown in Hong Kong and the controversial national security law.

these groups are hostile to newly arrived BNO Hongkongers and their supporters and provides alarming video evidence to back up his claims...(inside the link)

many Chinese organisations in the UK are hostile to those they were set up to support because they have been bought off, or influenced, by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)...

“The hostile environment created by the established Chinese organisations makes Hong Kong people worried about approaching established Chinese organisations, for fear that their personal details may get passed on to the Chinese embassy or the CCP,” says Lam. Though there is no evidence of this, the fear of family members in Hong Kong being exposed to potential risk is a powerful one and it’s not just Lam who is concerned.///
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (229)
56.97%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (51)
12.69%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.19%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.96%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.72%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.48%

Watched Threads