pamelachatterjee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello,

Considering the time and all, if students need to choose between EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) and Internship, which one should be done? What is more beneficial to get offers from UK universities for undergraduate admission?

Is it possible to do EPQ online? Could you please recommend places/sites to do online EPQ?

Thanks a lot for any advice.
Pamela
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
An EPQ is worth doing if you are applying to top Unis - it gives you an obvious example of 'outside the A level syllabus' to discuss in your PS, and at some Unis you may get a lower grade offer including an EPQ grade. However, many schools do not offer EPQ and therefore is is NOT a requirement, and it will not in itself make it more likely that you will get an offer. Internships are a vocational activity, not 'academic' - they may show you what a particular career area is all about but it wont make any difference to your UCAS application.

Advice about 'Why do an EPQ' from Uni of Bath here : https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/tak...r-application/

The point of an EPQ is that its your first 'research project' - and that you have a mentor to guide you through this process and you learn about research and independent study not just the subject topic. To do it on your own as self-study therefore is a bit self-defeating and likely to fail. This online course tells you how to do an EPQ - https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/epq-success - but I would never recommend anyone to attempt a distance-learning EPQ as self-study. Many students I have guided through UCAS applications actually drop out of their EPQ without assessment - its simply too much work on top of A levels - and thats with good school support.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads