How to choose a college in University of Oxford?

Watch
yuningzhang
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am major in Economics and Management. I would like to choose a college that can offer me all three years of accommodation for undergraduate studies, I would like a college that is friendly to international students (I am from China). I do not care about the location, as long as there are supermarkets or shops or malls nearby that I can feed myself.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Worcester College can accommodate you for three years and is near a decent-sized Tesco supermarket on Magdalen Street (which was next to a smaller Sainsbury's supermarket - not sure if the Sainsbury's is still there). Worcester is also well-situated for the big Far East Asian store on Hythe Bridge Street :yes:
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yuningzhang)
I am major in Economics and Management. I would like to choose a college that can offer me all three years of accommodation for undergraduate studies, I would like a college that is friendly to international students (I am from China). I do not care about the location, as long as there are supermarkets or shops or malls nearby that I can feed myself.
If i remember, there's a thread here about the pros and cons of the different colleges, go fishing and you'll find it. Welcome to Oxford and UK as a whole, I hope you like rain!
yuningzhang
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Worcester College can accommodate you for three years and is near a decent-sized Tesco supermarket on Magdalen Street (which was next to a smaller Sainsbury's supermarket - not sure if the Sainsbury's is still there). Worcester is also well-situated for the big Far East Asian store on Hythe Bridge Street :yes:
thanks, but I looked up for the admission rate and finally chose St Hugh's, just asking, do you know anything about it? I considered Worcester but I was hesitating between it and St Hugh's, then my mom came to me and said: You just pick one! Cause you are not going to get an offer, just pick! Then I went with St Hugh's.
yuningzhang
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
If i remember, there's a thread here about the pros and cons of the different colleges, go fishing and you'll find it. Welcome to Oxford and UK as a whole, I hope you like rain!
Yes I went to it, thanks!
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm planning to apply to Somerville, I heard it has all three years accommodation and it's pretty friendly as well, so you can check Somerville out!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thanks, but I looked up for the admission rate and finally chose St Hugh's, just asking, do you know anything about it? I considered Worcester but I was hesitating between it and St Hugh's, then my mom came to me and said: You just pick one! Cause you are not going to get an offer, just pick! Then I went with St Hugh's.
I've never been to St Hugh's as I was always too lazy to walk/get the bus there, but it's meant to be quite pretty
yuningzhang
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
I'm planning to apply to Somerville, I heard it has all three years accommodation and it's pretty friendly as well, so you can check Somerville out!
sorry, Somerville does not have my major
yuningzhang
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I've never been to St Hugh's as I was always too lazy to walk/get the bus there, but it's meant to be quite pretty
thanks a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (49)
13.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.91%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.55%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.36%

Watched Threads