how do I become a solicitor after law degree?

Watch
Daniel19761
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I just recently graduated from university with a law degree (69%)
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what am I supposed to do now to become a solicitor?
I have been looking at paralegal roles, but I do not have much legal work experience.
Do I apply for SQE or LPC? And when do I do this? Before or after I secure a training contract?
Thanks
Kevin:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ngl, how on earth have you managed to get a law degree yet not know these basic things??
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Go to the SRA website and there is a whole section on qualification
17Student17
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If I were you I would start NOW on the LPC full time with either BPP or UoL. You have o nly missed a week or two and they will probably let you start now and catch up. Whilst you are doing that look for a training contract for afterwards. If you have no money you can do the LPC with masters and get a student post grad loan to cover most of the cost.

There is not much point in my view in your doing the brand new SQE as you do not have to as you have a law degree. Also even if you just want paralegal jobs it is much easier to get those once you have done the LPC than before.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads