Will Amazon ask for ID?

Watch
Ilovecheese998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Amazon have said they’re gonna ID me for a non-nicotine vape (kinda stupid). I’m wondering if they are actually gonna ID me or will they just give me the parcel. I’m 17 (so I’m not THAT underage)…
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ilovecheese998)
Amazon have said they’re gonna ID me for a non-nicotine vape (kinda stupid). I’m wondering if they are actually gonna ID me or will they just give me the parcel. I’m 17 (so I’m not THAT underage)…
Yes, they may ID you. Age restricted products get labelled as such and it’s up to the driver as to whether they do this, (they should). I’d been ID’d for booze and sharp tools.
Ilovecheese998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Yes, they may ID you. Age restricted products get labelled as such and it’s up to the driver as to whether they do this, (they should). I’d been ID’d for booze and sharp tools.
I would have thought because it has no nicotine in it, I would need ID… weird. I’m gonna get my parents to answer the door and say it was a pumpkin carving set for Halloween, and the ID is needed for the blade.
PonchoKid
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ilovecheese998)
I would have thought because it has no nicotine in it, I would need ID… weird. I’m gonna get my parents to answer the door and say it was a pumpkin carving set for Halloween, and the ID is needed for the blade.
Its still a smoking product, your meant to ID for anything relating to smoking/vaping even cig papers. Just because it doesnt have nicoteine in doesnt mean anything.
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have never been ID'd for vape coils bought from Amazon but I have a beard so results may vary.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
I've never been ID'd from an Amazon order even if they are meant to, its down to driver discretion
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The procedure changed over the last few months. The driver must now enter your date of birth into the app on their phone to confirm an age verified delivery.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads