Nobodyknows 343
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m so picky I’ve looked at uni life,nightlife , course and everything for these unis but I cannot narrow it down to 5 if anyone has any opinions on them or anything useful let me know (I want to study business marketing and advertising) - obvs course names will differ
- Lincoln
- Huddersfield
- Bristol West of England - figure out tourism
- Edge Hill - not sure about nightlife
- Cardiff Metropolitan - slightly small
- Sheffield Hallam
- De Montfort
- South Wales
- Bournemouth
- Liverpool Hope
- Hertfordshire
- Chester
- Leeds Beckett
Kelivesy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Chester is beautiful. Big enough city to have plenty going on but small enough to feel personal. Great reviews from students. Not sure what course you are doing but I’m doing nursing and love it. Very classy and friendly city snd university. Hertfordshire Uni is nice but lots of knife/gang crime. Sports are good. Bristol university I think ranks quite high for certain courses but the area is awful. Can’t give anymore advice on the others I’m afraid.
Nobodyknows 343
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kelivesy)
Chester is beautiful. Big enough city to have plenty going on but small enough to feel personal. Great reviews from students. Not sure what course you are doing but I’m doing nursing and love it. Very classy and friendly city snd university. Hertfordshire Uni is nice but lots of knife/gang crime. Sports are good. Bristol university I think ranks quite high for certain courses but the area is awful. Can’t give anymore advice on the others I’m afraid.
Thank you so much, I was considering Chester being one of my options but I’m not too sure about the nightlife is it any good?
Kelivesy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes it’s great. Loads of pubs, bars etc and a couple of good nightclubs. The bars are open till really late and you actually feel safe walking through the city. Obviously it’s not going to be on the same scale as Liverpool or Leeds but they are much bigger cities. I do believe that Chester is one of the safest places in the Uk for students.
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nobodyknows 343)
I’m so picky I’ve looked at uni life,nightlife , course and everything for these unis but I cannot narrow it down to 5 if anyone has any opinions on them or anything useful let me know (I want to study business marketing and advertising) - obvs course names will differ
- Lincoln
- Huddersfield
- Sheffield Hallam
- De Montfort
- South Wales
- Bournemouth
- Liverpool Hope
- Hertfordshire
- Chester
- Leeds Beckett
Hi Nobodyknows 343

How are you?

These are all great choices for universities.

As for Huddersfield, it might be a good idea to speak to some of our current students about what Huddersfield is like, the course, and any other general questions you might have. They're available on UniBuddy and happy to answer anything you need.

We also have some blogs and vlogs which some students have done which you might find useful.

All of the course information is available on our website here too.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. And good luck with your application!

Harriette
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
- Lincoln
- Huddersfield
- Sheffield Hallam
- De Montfort
- South Wales
- Bournemouth
- Liverpool Hope
- Hertfordshire
- Chester
- Leeds Beckett
Hi there, Nobodyknows 343!

It's so good to hear that you are considering De Montfort University!

Being in the heart of Leicester, there are so many things that you can do as a student here at DMU! We are really lucky to be able to have that authentic 'campus' feel, with the opportunities of the city centre just across the road for when you want to venture out with your friends.

If you are struggling to decide on what universities you should shortlist, then I would recommend attending some Open Days. Open Days are the best way to get a feel for the university and the surrounding area, and to see what would be on offer to you during your time as a student. We do have some Open Days coming up here at DMU, which you can attend if this is something you would be interested in. I'll attach the link here: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/undergra...open-days.aspx.

If you have any questions at all about DMU then please do get in touch!

Wishing you the best of luck with your applications,

Konnie
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
- Lincoln
- Huddersfield
- Sheffield Hallam
- De Montfort
- South Wales
- Bournemouth
- Liverpool Hope
- Hertfordshire
- Chester
- Leeds Beckett
Hi Nobodyknows 343,

It is great to hear that you are considering studying at the University of Lincoln

I would highly recommend that you come along to one of our in-person Open Days over the next few months to really get a feel of the University and Lincoln as a City. Our next Open Days are:

Sunday 10th October 10am - 2pm
Saturday 23rd October 10am - 2pm
Saturday 13th November 10am - 2pm
Wednesday 8th December 10am - 2pm

You can book onto any of the events here.

I would also recommend taking a look at the University of Lincoln website as you'll be able to find some of our Student Ambassadors on there who will happily answer any questions that you might have. If you follow this link here, then you can find the students on UniBuddy and ask any questions you may have about Student Life or for their opinions on Lincoln as a City.

If you have any other questions please feel free to get in touch with us

Thanks,

Megan
Year 3 BA Education Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads