Treacle03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Does anyone who's been on a gap year know if you get UCAS offers earlier as you already have your A Level results? Thanks!
Last edited by Treacle03; 4 weeks ago
garfieldthecat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
im in the exact same position! i don’t know weather to put my application in early or wait till closer to the deadline
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You wont get an earlier decision just because you already have achieved grades - your application will still be scored and ranked against other applications and offers are made gradually working down that ranking.

However, you will have more chance of earlier decisions if you apply before the end of November.
There is a tidal wave of applications in Dec and Jan - and if you are stuck in this backlog it will take longer to process your application.
Applying earlier doesnt mean you are more likely to get an offer but you will probably get an earlier decision.
Treacle03
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
You wont get an earlier decision just because you already have achieved grades - your application will still be scored and ranked against other applications and offers are made gradually working down that ranking.

However, you will have more chance of earlier decisions if you apply before the end of November.
There is a tidal wave of applications in Dec and Jan - and if you are stuck in this backlog it will take longer to process your application.
Applying earlier doesnt mean you are more likely to get an offer but you will probably get an earlier decision.
Thank you!
Treacle03
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'd recommend getting it in early, I submitted mine and have already received one offer of the four I applied to (awaiting decision on the rest at the moment)

(Original post by garfieldthecat)
im in the exact same position! i don’t know weather to put my application in early or wait till closer to the deadline
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.14%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.92%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.86%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads