I failed second year but my third year timetable came up ?

Watch
Taasassssyyyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So basically I failed my second year and I also did a resit with 2 essays which are land law and tort law and I passed one module so that leaves me 1/5 pass modules at the moment. However I did my 2 module resit and i don't know if I passed but how come my third year modules came up? And the timetable! I asked the their year lecture she said I'm enrolled to her module. But I failed my second year so how can this be a mistake ? XD
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Taasassssyyyy)
So basically I failed my second year and I also did a resit with 2 essays which are land law and tort law and I passed one module so that leaves me 1/5 pass modules at the moment. However I did my 2 module resit and i don't know if I passed but how come my third year modules came up? And the timetable! I asked the their year lecture she said I'm enrolled to her module. But I failed my second year so how can this be a mistake ? XD
Your departmental admin staff, and others, will have done a lot of preparatory work for the new academic year, probably starting in the April/May period. They'll have been assuming that all second years will be progressing into the third year, and -- for example -- will have been asking second years to choose what optional units they want to do in the third year. All this information will have been fed into the systems that drive things like timetabling. It makes sense to do this, as almost all second years will progress to be third years. It's a lot easier to assume that all students will progress and then undo the assumptions where students fail to progress.

If you don't know yet if you've passed, then it's possible the formal decision has not yet been made (or if it has been made very recently, that it has not yet been communicated to you). You could try phoning your department/school admin staff, and asking when you'll find out the outcome of your resits. (Note that it's possible they can't answer that, and might need to refer you to your faculty admin staff -- the process will vary from one university to another.)
Taasassssyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by martin7)
Your departmental admin staff, and others, will have done a lot of preparatory work for the new academic year, probably starting in the April/May period. They'll have been assuming that all second years will be progressing into the third year, and -- for example -- will have been asking second years to choose what optional units they want to do in the third year. All this information will have been fed into the systems that drive things like timetabling. It makes sense to do this, as almost all second years will progress to be third years. It's a lot easier to assume that all students will progress and then undo the assumptions where students fail to progress.

If you don't know yet if you've passed, then it's possible the formal decision has not yet been made (or if it has been made very recently, that it has not yet been communicated to you). You could try phoning your department/school admin staff, and asking when you'll find out the outcome of your resits. (Note that it's possible they can't answer that, and might need to refer you to your faculty admin staff -- the process will vary from one university to another.)
So is that a good thing? 😅
Taasassssyyyy
Rep:
?
So do you think it's a mistake or they decided that they progress me into third year ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (216)
56.4%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.05%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (44)
11.49%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.62%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
6.01%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
4.44%

Watched Threads