No one ever says I’m attractive

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve probably been called pretty a couple of times to my face but never by friends or family (mum says it once a year?). It sounds so vain but it gets to me sometimes. Friends will compliment people that aren’t even attractive, I do know it’s subjective and mean but I’m being honest with my thoughts. My mum said I’m a “6” on the scale of attractiveness because I don’t wear makeup, she said I’d be a 7/8 with makeup. But that’s just my mums opinion so probably not accurate. I also know I’m not “ugly” but not “beautiful”; I’m probably “cute”. As I said it doesn’t normally get to me but sometimes I just feel down bc no one ever flirts with me or asks me out apart from odd occasions. I just worry no one will ever find me attractive. Thanks x
sunshine774
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The 1-10 scale for attractiveness is so stupid imo
Last edited by sunshine774; 3 weeks ago
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What people say and what they think are often 2 different things, besides you shouldn't be basing your self esteem on what people do or don't say or think about you.
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow... I mean rates dont matter but your mum rating you 6 without makeup is so unnecessary.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Wow... I mean rates dont matter but your mum rating you 6 without makeup is so unnecessary.
And she wonders why I have low confidence…
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
And she wonders why I have low confidence…
Idc if my child looked like Shrek, I would tell them they're incredibly beautiful and try to up their self esteem. Sorry about that. No wonder you have low confidence. But honestly, it's not even about who is attractive and who is beautiful, you are valid. Your face, body and you as a person are valid. Let your personality shine brighter...
STARFIRE13245
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
the look does not matters the manerrs does matter i would judge people from their manners not by their looks me as a girl people has different opinion but this is my opinion
STARFIRE13245
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Idc if my child looked like Shrek, I would tell them they're incredibly beautiful and try to up their self esteem. Sorry about that. No wonder you have low confidence. But honestly, it's not even about who is attractive and who is beautiful, you are valid. Your face, body and you as a person are valid. Let your personality shine brighter...
that is true
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by STARFIRE13245)
the look does not matters the manerrs does matter i would judge people from their manners not by their looks me as a girl people has different opinion but this is my opinion
Yep it's your personality and attitude that matters the most. Nothing is more beautiful than someone being themselves.
Caitxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yea but a 6 isn't bad at all- but for your MUM to say that.... yikes.. she was probably being honest too because most peoples would lie and say 10/10 babes
STARFIRE13245
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
your personality makes you more atractive than your looks
bennydfrg
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve probably been called pretty a couple of times to my face but never by friends or family (mum says it once a year?). It sounds so vain but it gets to me sometimes. Friends will compliment people that aren’t even attractive, I do know it’s subjective and mean but I’m being honest with my thoughts. My mum said I’m a “6” on the scale of attractiveness because I don’t wear makeup, she said I’d be a 7/8 with makeup. But that’s just my mums opinion so probably not accurate. I also know I’m not “ugly” but not “beautiful”; I’m probably “cute”. As I said it doesn’t normally get to me but sometimes I just feel down bc no one ever flirts with me or asks me out apart from odd occasions. I just worry no one will ever find me attractive. Thanks x
Everyone likes being complimented, sadly even tho they are free they arent given out enough. Im sorry you are feeling like that, im sure you look lovely
STARFIRE13245
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bennydfrg)
Everyone likes being complimented, sadly even tho they are free they arent given out enough. Im sorry you are feeling like that, im sure you look lovely
same i think the same way as what you think
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Why does it even matter though? Like if you are beautiful or attractive, cool but if you aren't, then there isn't much you can do about it apart from wear makeup or lose weight?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
And not everyone is beautiful or attractive and that is okay. A 6/10 is pretty decent. You don't need compliments.

I recommend to get a boyfriend and have sex, you will get compliments from him.
STARFIRE13245
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And not everyone is beautiful or attractive and that is okay. A 6/10 is pretty decent. You don't need compliments.

I recommend to get a boyfriend and have sex, you will get compliments from him.
thats true and easear for you not me
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
thats true and easear for you not me
I am talking to Anonymous #1 . Their mum doesn't compliment them so they can get a boyfriend and have sex, surely then, they will get the compliments they desire....
STARFIRE13245
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am talking to Anonymous #1 . Their mum doesn't compliment them so they can get a boyfriend and have sex, surely then, they will get the compliments they desire....
thats true
STARFIRE13245
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thats true
what if i was in her or his position and i can not then what to do

Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
thats true
what if i was in her or his position and i can not then what to do
Pay a person to have sex with them. There are online apps. Or you can just go up to someone £100 or £200 and offer a man or woman to have sex with them and take them to a hotel room which costs maybe £70..
Money is important, you see.....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads