M.W35
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi im a y10 looking for work experience that will help towards a job in forensic science. I'm doing separate science at school if that would make any difference. Any advice would be helpful
Nerol
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by M.W35)
Hi im a y10 looking for work experience that will help towards a job in forensic science. I'm doing separate science at school if that would make any difference. Any advice would be helpful
I would say focus on your studies for now. There won't be much relevant experience you could get at the moment.

You could look at ways to help at school or clubs to join to give you extra things to put on university applications, but don't worry about work experience for now!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Forensic science and forensic psychology are very different things. You are incredibly unlikely to get work experience for the latter in Yr 10, not sure about the former
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To add on to the poster above me, even forensic science experience is practically non-existent until you're qualified. This is due to the high-profile nature of the work and the confidentiality surrounding it. Admissions teams won't even be looking for any work experience on applications, they're more interested in your future career plans and evidence of reading around the topic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (125)
86.81%
No (19)
13.19%

Watched Threads