Holly_2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I’m a fresher this year and this past week has been my freshers week and I’ve made pretty much no friends. Everyone else seems to have bonded and made friendship groups whereas I am on my own. I know it’s only the first week of uni and I have plenty of time to meet new people but I wanted to know how long did it take others to find their friends when starting uni. Was it instant or did it take time?
Last edited by Holly_2002; 3 weeks ago
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Holly_2002)
So I’m a fresher this year and this past week has been my freshers week and I’ve made pretty much no friends. Everyone else seems to have bonded and made friendship groups whereas I am on my own. I know it’s only the first week of uni and I have plenty of time to meet new people but I wanted to know how long did it take others to find their friends when starting uni. Was it instant or did it take time?
I’m in the same position. I’ve been told to give it time but maybe try getting used to your own company
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I feel that this is very common amongst students - university can either be the most socialable time of your life or the loneliest. I started last year so my first year at uni is a bit of a write-off, albeit I got on with my flat mates and made a handful of friends (although not close ones) throughout the year.

As you say it takes time. I'm gambling on connecting with more people during my second and third year which is apparantly where you make much closer friends.
lostapplicant
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does you course have lab work or any group projects? I find these things connect ppl bc u guys have to talk
Holly_2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Yeah it does. I’m hoping that during my lectures maybe I’ll be able to make friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (236)
57.56%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (52)
12.68%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
10.98%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.78%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.39%

Watched Threads