cupcake12345689
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have to decide a topic for my EPQ, but theres so many things I can do that I dont know what to choose.
I'm intrested in studying law, so I dont know if I should choose a topic related to that to show my dedication etc OR choose something unrelated to show that i have other interests etc
omaiie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most people do tend to choose a topic relevant to what they want to study in the future because of the skills and knowledge you can develop from doing the EPQ, so I don't think there'd be anything wrong with choosing a topic related to law if you wanted to! I think it would probably show your interest in the subject area well too
Piddling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it doesn't matter all too much, most uni's won't ask what the EPQ was about, they just see that fact that you did one. Although, it's always useful to do work & research related to the subject(s) you want to study in further education to try and get a feel for it. I personally did do my EPQ related to tourism as that is the field I wanted to study in and I enjoyed the processes of the EPQ because I realized that tourism really was the route I wanted to go down. BUTTTTTTTTT I have always said that there is no need to make the EPQ harder than it has to be because you are allowed to do something like an art piece or planning an event if that is something you are good at or are interested in. Like I would play it to your strengths, if you are good at essay writing then go for it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed