The Student Room Group

I really want a girlfriend....

At the age of 16 I have not kissed a girl.Not even held a girls hand.I feel like that I will never find true love in my life.I want to be able to do to spend time with a girl.But I have low confidence and get a little nervous.And I feel like I'm too young to start asking people in publice for a date.At school I was the good kid probably the most nicest kid with manners and apologetic in School and a few people say I am skinny so I can't get a gf and I want to prove them wrong and that kind of put me off to. And I used to get a long with a lot of people because I liked common things like football and music.Even the cool people liked me they once in a while used to say hight to me and I had a lot of friends But once I met this girl online she was nice and we were in a relationship for 3 months untill she dumped me even though I was deeply in love with her and because she always wanted me to give her money and I didn't give her money because she always asked for it and I realised that she seems like gold digger.I really want a girlfriend to take that pain away.I'm not ugly and I have a good personality I think.And it is so hardto see everyone around me being in a relationship it makes me feel lonely.And I want to be able to have true love in my life that will actually love me and understand me.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think finding a girlfriend is not hard, but finding ‘true love’ is. It’s common to feel lost on this sometimes, but my advice is to let it go and wait see. There may be a lot of ppl in love, but not the ‘true love’in my opinion. They can just be attracted to each other bc they feel lonely, or feel bored and want a relationship to have some fun
Original post by Hm05
At the age of 16 I have not kissed a girl.Not even held a girls hand.I feel like that I will never find true love in my life.I want to be able to do to spend time with a girl.But I have low confidence and get a little nervous.And I feel like I'm too young to start asking people in publice for a date.At school I was the good kid probably the most nicest kid with manners and apologetic in School and a few people say I am skinny so I can't get a gf and I want to prove them wrong and that kind of put me off to. And I used to get a long with a lot of people because I liked common things like football and music.Even the cool people liked me they once in a while used to say hight to me and I had a lot of friends But once I met this girl online she was nice and we were in a relationship for 3 months untill she dumped me even though I was deeply in love with her and because she always wanted me to give her money and I didn't give her money because she always asked for it and I realised that she seems like gold digger.I really want a girlfriend to take that pain away.I'm not ugly and I have a good personality I think.And it is so hardto see everyone around me being in a relationship it makes me feel lonely.And I want to be able to have true love in my life that will actually love me and understand me.

I understand how u feel, I've also felt like this

All i can say is u and I r both only 16 there's a long way to go ik none of my friends or myself have ever kissed anyone as well it's completely normal. Just focus on the low confidence, It's something i'm going through as well but when u overcome that and are confident just being u then I'm sure you'll be able to get a girlfriend.

Just remember focus on u no one can truly love u if u don't love urself
This is something you should worry about when you are 26, not when you are 16.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I understand how u feel, I've also felt like this

All i can say is u and I r both only 16 there's a long way to go ik none of my friends or myself have ever kissed anyone as well it's completely normal. Just focus on the low confidence, It's something i'm going through as well but when u overcome that and are confident just being u then I'm sure you'll be able to get a girlfriend.

Just remember focus on u no one can truly love u if u don't love urself

Thanks for the advice.I have been thinking to try and ask people in public for a date but then I'm think will older girls even date me because I'm young.
Reply 5
Original post by !Capercaillie
This is something you should worry about when you are 26, not when you are 16.

Yh I know but in College you see many people in relationship.That just make me feel like lonely and sad.
Focus on yourself, then your friendships, then a potential relationship. I go to an all girl’s school so have not talked to a boy in several years. Who cares if other people are in relationships? There are other people who aren’t and are doing just fine with having good friends and a balanced education.
Reply 7
Original post by 3ggfriedrice
Focus on yourself, then your friendships, then a potential relationship. I go to an all girl’s school so have not talked to a boy in several years. Who cares if other people are in relationships? There are other people who aren’t and are doing just fine with having good friends and a balanced education.

I get what you mean but that is my desire to have a girlfriend.
Original post by Hm05
I get what you mean but that is my desire to have a girlfriend.

Then step out into the social world. Be friends and see how you get on. Having relationships sounds hard because it’s difficult knowing whether or not they are worth your time. Make sure you do well education-wise and balance your social life. Good luck.
You’re 16 what are you talking about gold diggers lmao? At this age even if you want someone to truly love and understand you it’s not going to happen because your age groups is too young to have these feelings in a healthy way. Sorry but it will take years, for now work on your social skills and learn to be a good decent person who is able to love properly, and learn to understand others too so you can pick a good partner in future.
This is normal at 16. Try not to worry about it. Things will change as you get older and your social circle broadens.
Dude, i'm 28 and I've still not had a boyfriend due to circumstances :frown:
Original post by buddhalight6318
Dude, i'm 28 and I've still not had a boyfriend due to circumstances :frown:

Unlucky us I'm 25, and I'm yet to have my first relationship.
Original post by SlaveofAll

I've discovered there's nothing wrong with me, not matter how critical I can be of myself. A lot of it is the fact I've never made a solid group of mates that i can go out with often, due to dropping out of uni/job hopping/unsuccessful online dating with weirdos.

I also tend to find that meeting people abroad is easier. In this country, making friends seems to be easier when you're iniebriated, unfortunately that's British culture for you.
Original post by buddhalight6318
I've discovered there's nothing wrong with me, not matter how critical I can be of myself. A lot of it is the fact I've never made a solid group of mates that i can go out with often, due to dropping out of uni/job hopping/unsuccessful online dating with weirdos.

I also tend to find that meeting people abroad is easier. In this country, making friends seems to be easier when you're iniebriated, unfortunately that's British culture for you.

If you're male like me, the odds of finding someone seems to be low, given social conditioning and stuff.

I'm 23 and the same. Sometimes it feels lonely but I have a good group of friends that helps minimize that
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 23 and the same. Sometimes it feels lonely but I have a good group of friends that helps minimize that

You're a guy as well? Also, having friends doesn't help offset the anguish that I feel right now.
You're a guy as well? Also, having friends doesn't help offset the anguish that I feel right now.

Yup 23 yo gay male. I have neither kissed or had a relationship with either sex male or female
Reply 18
What you want and what you need are 2 different things.

You don't need a girlfriend, you need an education; concentrate on the latter.
ahahaha... I've been in a girls only school in my secondary school years and now i have just left waiting to start uni. Getting into a relationship never once crossed my mind. In fact I'm thinking about it when I get older because the kind of relationships i saw at school were not really serious, some even involved on and off online dating from a different country! Or maybe going out at night and partying and stuff like that. I mainly seen ppl cry or complain because of an immature relationship of whatever. So personally I think teenage relationships dont matter (although sex ed says so ..) and we are not even adults till 18, so its like wanting to get into a serious relationship as 'children'... which sounds....really weird. As we get older we experience more things and learn from mistakes in the past and be able to get a real gf or bf.

I have no idea if my opinion helps. Take it or leave it. Its here for you to think about :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest