The Student Room Group

Can a cheating man always get caught?

My sister's husband seemed like the best husband ever always there for her. I wasn't close to him but it turns out he has been cheating on here with multiple women even before the wedding.

I feel like there must be a way to distinguish a cheater however hard they try to hide it.
Like they can get away with something like that easily and no one knowing about it. They can't go back to playing the role of a perfect husband after cheating? Something about them or what they do must give it away if you look hard right?
Reply 1
Her*
Nah, sorry.
No.
Reply 4
So there's no way to find out if someone has cheated
Lie detector machine...
Original post by Anonymous
Lie detector machine...

There is a reason they can't be used in court, they aren't reliable.
I saw this Reddit post where a married man said he cheats every year on his wife on a ‘business trip’ just to keep his relationship with his wife good. It’s actually disgusting, and he’s probably never going to get caught like wtf
💯 percent men's 35% women
Original post by Confusedgoose
I saw this Reddit post where a married man said he cheats every year on his wife on a ‘business trip’ just to keep his relationship with his wife good.

Ah yes, the logic that goes through reddit. I wonder, how did the comments reply to this?
No.
Some unfaithful guys are very calculating, take a lot of care to cover their tracks and have an uncanny ability to know precisely when to back away if the risks of exposure/starting what they can't finish are too high.
Reply 10
no, that's a lie people tell themselves so they can say they won't ever be taken advantage of and tbh kinda ticks me off that people say that. i was in a long-term relationship with someone who cheated on me in every way possible you can think of (no exaggeration) and was able to hide it from me because they are a pathological liar that suffers from narassistic personality disorder (i mean that literally; like they need actual professional help for it). my ex feels no shame or embarrassment lying straight to your face, so can say they're going to the bookstore when really they're going to go **** someone, come back an hour later like nothing has happened. used to also see prostitutes on like a Tuesday morning at 10am when supposed to be at work so how would i ever have known. oh yeah btw my ex is very likeable and nothing screams doughbag about them. very successful in their career, polite, charming, church goer.
Original post by Joleee
no, that's a lie people tell themselves so they can say they won't ever be taken advantage of and tbh kinda ticks me off that people say that. i was in a long-term relationship with someone who cheated on me in every way possible you can think of (no exaggeration) and was able to hide it from me because they are a pathological liar that suffers from narassistic personality disorder (i mean that literally; like they need actual professional help for it). my ex feels no shame or embarrassment lying straight to your face, so can say they're going to the bookstore when really they're going to go **** someone, come back an hour later like nothing has happened. used to also see prostitutes on like a Tuesday morning at 10am when supposed to be at work so how would i ever have known. oh yeah btw my ex is very likeable and nothing screams doughbag about them. very successful in their career, polite, charming, church goer.

There must have been a sign somewhere or your intuition warning you.
Reply 12
Lie detector machine...

Flipping a coin is cheaper and just about as accurate.
I hope not
The book "Spy The Lie" (should be available from your nearest large library) covers the techniques that the CIA uses to detect lying.
After reading the book, you won't have years of experience, and you won't have a lie detector machine.

But when it comes to lying about cheating, if you ask the right sort of questions in the right sort of way, there's a good chance that someone that cheated on their girlfriend or wife would fall afoul of the principles explained in that book.
My sister's husband seemed like the best husband ever always there for her. I wasn't close to him but it turns out he has been cheating on here with multiple women even before the wedding.

I feel like there must be a way to distinguish a cheater however hard they try to hide it.
Like they can get away with something like that easily and no one knowing about it. They can't go back to playing the role of a perfect husband after cheating? Something about them or what they do must give it away if you look hard right?

Depends on the guy and if they feel guilty about what they are doing.

If they feel guilty, then their mood might swing, they might act more defensive when questioned about how they are spending their free time, they might buy odd gifts which they normally do not. Those can be signs that they're up to something 'different' than usual, but they're not evidence of cheating. Perhaps they're just a hint that you should take a closer look.

If they don't even feel guilty, then there will be no change in their emotional state as a result of cheating. That's impossible to detect via any change in their emotional behavior. Maybe a change in their schedule instead, and maybe them giving conflicting stories of what they do in their free time. They will also likely 'compartmentalise' their life and implement measures to prevent their various social circles from interacting with one another. That is to prevent 'rumors' from spreading outside of their control. Deliberately not inviting someone whom they call a 'good friend' whom they've known for a very long time, and who presumably also knows them, to a wedding. Suspicious, no?

I have one female friend who described that her ex (who cheated on her), despite being a bit of a misogynist who expected her to pack his lunches for work and etc., one day stopped taking his packed lunch to work. Apparently it was so he could appear like he wasn't in a relationship to prospective 'new candidates'. It's a far cry on its own, but if enough small signs like this add up to form a pattern, it could suggest something fishy. Most obvious is if they are taking their wedding ring off when going out.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 17
Sadly not. There are often signs though. I hate liars and cheaters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending