Turn on thread page Beta

Blind dates watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    From experience can anyone tell me if they think blind dates are a good idea? Through a mutual friend, i have been set up with my mates, boyfriends, pal ( :confused: ). We're going with my mate and her boyfriend but i've never seen or had contact with this guy apart from one time when i spoke to him on his friends addy on msn for like 2 minutes, and at the time i thought he was a right a*sehole but apparently he has been asking about me...so i'm not sure if i should talk to the guy first or just wait until our date. :confused:
    He might have heard you're easy, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt say i thought that....

He's the one who's been asking about me all the time anyways. Its because he asked if he could get set up with me that we're going out this saturday. And plus i was dating his mate a couple of weeks ago so he must've told him what i was like or whatever cos he started asking about me after his mate mentioned me or something...apparently. :confused:
    What do you think this guy was "told"? This is harsh but if his mate told him something that motivated him enough to maybe go out with you, it's probably that he heard you're easy.

ReputationRep:
    From experience can anyone tell me if they think blind dates are a good idea? Through a mutual friend, i have been set up with my mates, boyfriends, pal ( :confused: ). We're going with my mate and her boyfriend but i've never seen or had contact with this guy apart from one time when i spoke to him on his friends addy on msn for like 2 minutes, and at the time i thought he was a right a*sehole but apparently he has been asking about me...so i'm not sure if i should talk to the guy first or just wait until our date. :confused:
    I've been on afew, some bad, some not so bad, but none that I would call great lol. My last BF was a blind date type of deal, was set up by a friend and we were together for over a year. anyway if your first impression of this guy was that he's an *** then I would say talk to him again before hand just to be sure. It's easier to back out prior than once you're all out together.

ReputationRep:

i wudnt do it until id seen a photo, and id only go in a group to meet him cos u dont wana b stuck with him 4 the whole night if u dont get on with him at all and its rubbish and boring!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    He might have heard you're easy, that's all.
    Wow...:dong: thanks.

He couldn't have heard i was easy since i didn't do anything with his mate and my mate that has set us up would never say that about me. And dont say "how do you know she wouldn't" cos i just know.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you didn't 'do anything' with his friend, does not mean he has not said otherwise. I think Sam was just trying to give you a heads up just in case.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.