Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have an offer from kent to do Law llb with a foundation year, but i also have an offer at the university of roehampton to do law llb without a foundation year, so i’m just wondering if the reputation of Kent law school is worth doing a foundation year for
University of Kent Reps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have an offer from kent to do Law llb with a foundation year, but i also have an offer at the university of roehampton to do law llb without a foundation year, so i’m just wondering if the reputation of Kent law school is worth doing a foundation year for
Hello!
I can say first-hand that we are reputable in having one of the top law schools in the UK. Kent Law School is renowned for its world-leading research and critical approaches and many of our graduates have gone on to command some of the highest starting salaries in the UK. You will also be heavily supported by Kent law school in finding a career through its own dedicated Employability and Careers Development Officer. Kent Law also has events dedicated to them such as the Kent Law fair and the Kent Law ball, during the fair they invite legal professionals that students have the ability to chat to and even perform mock interviews with. Furthermore, guest lectures are brung in to give talks, which include some of the leading legal representatives of our time.

If you're still undecided our Canterbury campus has two open days one on Saturday the 9th of October and the second on Saturday the 23rd of October. This will give you an opportunity to speak with both lecturer and students and ask any further questions you may have about the module or career aspects.
Any further questions please don't hesitate to ask!
- Dale, UKC rep.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by University of Kent Reps)
Hello!
I can say first-hand that we are reputable in having one of the top law schools in the UK. Kent Law School is renowned for its world-leading research and critical approaches and many of our graduates have gone on to command some of the highest starting salaries in the UK. You will also be heavily supported by Kent law school in finding a career through its own dedicated Employability and Careers Development Officer. Kent Law also has events dedicated to them such as the Kent Law fair and the Kent Law ball, during the fair they invite legal professionals that students have the ability to chat to and even perform mock interviews with. Furthermore, guest lectures are brung in to give talks, which include some of the leading legal representatives of our time.

If you're still undecided our Canterbury campus has two open days one on Saturday the 9th of October and the second on Saturday the 23rd of October. This will give you an opportunity to speak with both lecturer and students and ask any further questions you may have about the module or career aspects.
Any further questions please don't hesitate to ask!
- Dale, UKC rep.
oh i see! that sounds great, but do you think it’s worth doing the foundation year as I got a grade 7 for english and I know that the foundation year is heavily focused on improving english language skills which i’m not sure i need
University of Kent Reps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
oh i see! that sounds great, but do you think it’s worth doing the foundation year as I got a grade 7 for english and I know that the foundation year is heavily focused on improving english language skills which i’m not sure i need
Hi there!

Foundation years are really great as they give you fundamental and important information for the course ahead. The University would not recommend the foundation year if they did not think it was essential for the course, but if you feel you don't need this, then I would suggest phoning the University and discussing your offer. In special circumstances you may be able to come to an agreement, but it cannot be guaranteed.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!
Nathan
UKC Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (125)
86.81%
No (19)
13.19%

Watched Threads